National Vanilla Ice Cream Day Dinner - 7/23/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had pastina with butter and shredded cheddar cheese.

We had these food service chicken breasts that I brought home from the deli..they are precooked, skin on with the wing joint still attached...quick and easy..KD, a few baby potatoes and some chopped veggies with feta in Greek dressing

I turned the chicken into Piccata, served it over linguine, added the side salad, and called it supper...and it was delicious. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180723_223101.jpg
    20180723_223101.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 180
Done with the kitchen!!

It was too hot to grill outside for dinner, so I put my seldom used Le Creuset CI grill pan on the stove top for some swordfish steaks and it worked perfectly. Pineapple salsa was on the side along with glorified dinner salads. Good dinner for a too hot night.
Magnum ice cream bars for later in front of the TV.

What happened at your abode?

I am in Brooklyn, NY tonight. I am in the middle of the Chinese part of Brooklyn, but did not feel like eating Chinese. I found this place called George's Diner. The menu looked good online. I got their, and it was almost empty... not a good sign, but the place was clean and the menu still looked good.

I had Hot Italian Sausage and Peppers, with onions, of course. It was as good as what I make at home. No complaints. I left with a happy belly.

CD

Attachments

• Georges.jpg
    Georges.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 165
It's National Vanilla Ice Cream Day, but I'll pass.

https://foodimentary.com/2016/07/23/july-23-is-national-vanilla-ice-cream-day/

I hope K-girl is celebrating with her new ice cream maker, though.

Tonight's dinner was marinated steak tips on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes, and a green salad.

Why yes I am!

But dinner first ...

I made Greek Seasoned Chicken BS Thighs on the grill, and since we've been talking about Macaroni aka Pasta Salad, my Italian Confetti Pasta Salad, chopped Veggie Salad for DH and Corn-off-the-cob with Kerrygold garlic & herb butter for me.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

... and for dessert, Meyer Lemon Ice Cream with Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snap Cookies

007.jpg

We came to the conclusion that this recipe was way too tart for our liking!

Mark and I shared a gourmet meal purchased from that famed fast french food restaurant Jacques-en-la-Boite. I have no words I can use to describe it.

I was hungry again when I got back home, so I made myself a late night sandwich: oversized hamburger bun, toasted with mayo, not butter; a slice of provolone; a generous helping of the new chicken breast from Boar’s Head - Madrasala Chicken. I topped that with some sliced mozzarella, then threw it under the broiler til the cheese melted. On the top side of the bun goes some coleslaw dressed with my own garlic and cilantro yogurt dressing. It was quite satisfying!

A note about the Boar’s Head Madrasala Chicken: It was, for the most part, quite flavorful and just a bit spicy. There was a very slight bitter taste, as if one of the spices had “bloomed” too long and burned. It would be much better as a whole bone-in skin-on chicken. I found it intriguing, but it wasn’t the tandoor flavor profile I was expecting, and hoping for. I probably won’t buy any more.

Fried chicken and wild rice/buttermilk waffles with pink peppercorn/honey butter, maple syrup with horsradish and creole mustard. Collard greens on the side.

Attachments

• 2018-07-23 18.19.30.jpg
    2018-07-23 18.19.30.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 168
I am in Brooklyn, NY tonight. I am in the middle of the Chinese part of Brooklyn, but did not feel like eating Chinese. I found this place called George's Diner. The menu looked good online. I got their, and it was almost empty... not a good sign, but the place was clean and the menu still looked good.

I had Hot Italian Sausage and Peppers, with onions, of course. It was as good as what I make at home. No complaints. I left with a happy belly.

CD

OH LOOK! A Tree Grows in Brooklyn!

I had the left over salad, brought by one of my guests, from last nights dinner. Baby Spinach Salad with whole Almond, Cherry Tomatoes and various herbs.... or should I now say Wilted Baby Spinach...

Wasn't bad and it was too hot to do anyting else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom