Nat'l "Drink Wine" Day ~ Tues. 2/18/2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
humor42.jpg

BAHAHAHA!

No, really, I don't know what's dinner tonight!
I have another date this evening with the Neighborhood-Gals to go over to the next Community and play Bingo, I haven't played Bingo since I was in my 20's with my Mother, her Mother and my Aunt, this is goin' to FUN!

So, DH, you're on your own :ohmy::ermm::LOL:

Roast chicken, squash (yellow and green) casserole, and smashed potatoes. This is Craig's version of squash casserole that was recently discussed.

Attachments

• 2020-02-18 18.39.15.jpg
    2020-02-18 18.39.15.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 90
'Tis a Puzzlement

A ham, two Russet potatoes, and a tray of halved Brussels sprouts "walk" into an oven...

Sounds like a joke, right? More like a riddle. If it's "baked" ham, and "baked" potatoes, why is it "roasted" Brussels sprouts? :huh: I think it should always be called roasted unless you oven a food that is made from a flour of some kind. And includes some sort of leavening agent.

Anyway, photo later after everything is out and plated.

K-Girl, every day is "National Wine Day" at Chez Goddess. :cool:

American /gringo style hard shell tacos. Refried beans in the taco bottoms to anchor the layers in place and more beans on the side.

We had the pasta sauce that Stirling made yesterday (with sous-chefing from me) over whole grain spaghetti, topped with parm. I made a salad of green crisp lettuce, Boston lettuce, a few mustard leaves, a shredded carrot, some shaved red onion, and topped with blue cheese dressing. There was garlic bread made on whole grain baguette to go with that. The meal, like the pasta sauce, was a joint effort. It was really quite good. This was served with red wine.

The pasta sauce was a huge batch, intended for a number of meals, including a lasagna, which, itself, will be a several meals. That huge batch of pasta sauce had enough hot peppers to give it a nice kick. We hardly noticed that there was no meat in the sauce. It will be handy if one of us needs to bring a vegan or vegetarian dish to a potluck. There will be meat in some of the future uses of this sauce. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200218_191244.jpg
    IMG_20200218_191244.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 124
I sous vide and seared a prime ribeye for supper tonight. Probably my best, so far. No sides, just carnivore style. I took a picture, but it is too big for this forum, so I'll have to resize it and post it if I have a chance some other day. It was good!

CD

While I'd have preferred CD's prime rib eye, we settled for a thrown together ground round with rich gravy over egg noodle dish.. Corn as a side..

Pie for dessert..

Ross

A ham, two Russet potatoes, and a tray of halved Brussels sprouts "walk" into an oven...

Sounds like a joke, right? More like a riddle. If it's "baked" ham, and "baked" potatoes, why is it "roasted" Brussels sprouts? :huh: I think it should always be called roasted unless you oven a food that is made from a flour of some kind. And includes some sort of leavening agent.

Anyway, photo later after everything is out and plated.

K-Girl, every day is "National Wine Day" at Chez Goddess. :cool:
Surely you remember the Great Roasting vs Baking Debate of 2015 :ROFLMAO:

https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/question-about-roasting-versus-baking-92266.html

I like this response..

Quote:02-14-2012, 04:53 PM Chief Longwind Of The North
Me, Ill go with the idea that baking is usually used with things made with flour, or to be made into a desert. Roasting will be for more savory things, other than breads or pastries.

There simply is no hard and fast rule for those terms.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North. [Quote]

Ross

Back
Top Bottom