Natn'l Kahlua Day ~ 2/27/2021 ~ What's Cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Today is National Kahlua Day (in the USA), I made this Kahlua Bundt Cake at Christmas and it came out so moist and tasty.

kahlua cake.jpg

kahlua cake1.jpg

... but as for today's main meal,
I have no clue what that will be
:LOL:

What will you be having today?

Today is National Kahlua Day (in the USA), I made this Kahlua Bundt Cake at Christmas and it came out so moist and tasty.

View attachment 45790

View attachment 45791

... but as for today's main meal,
I have no clue what that will be
:LOL:

What will you be having today?

Have you posted that recipe? I would love it. I have a small started bottle of kahlua on my counter. I may make a sombrero.

Dinner will likely be a new for us pasta dish. Details later ... maybe. LOL

The current plan is to make a recipe of Luca Lazzari's lasagna. It's a bolognese-style lasagna made without ricotta. I'll post a photo later.

Asparagus risotto with cured egg yolk grated on top. Parm R fricos.

Attachments

• 2021-02-27 19.07.31.jpg
    2021-02-27 19.07.31.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 132
Baked feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, oil, salt, ground pepper, red pepper flakes, linguine, pasta water and fresh basil.

baked_feta_pasta_022721_IMG_7807.jpg

We were supposed to have a grocery delivery today. Since putting away the groceries usually poops us out, we planned to order Italian food for supper. At 10 minutes to six, the grocery store phoned to tell us that they would have to make the delivery tomorrow. I guess there was just too much snow fall today. I hadn't started anything for supper. So, we ordered out anyways. Now, I have to come up with something easy for tomorrow, since the grocery delivery tomorrow will poop us then.

I made a big ole batch of Meatballs for the deep freeze today and decided to go old school for dinner tonight.

meatballs1.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

I tend to make a small Meatloaf when making up Meatballs, using the same meat mixture and the covering the mini loaf in Bacon prior to baking that off.
Add some Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans and I'm stuffed!
I've been trying to get DH to eat Instant Mashed Potatoes for YEARS!
All of a sudden he's okay with them :ohmy: :clap:

I couldn't use instant potatoes, K-Girl. Mashing potatoes is my way of working off anger or frustration. [emoji38]

We had breakfast for supper. Himself likes his scrambled eggs much looser than I do and prefers a plain cheese. I pulled his half early, covered in American cheese, and nuked it just enough to melt the cheese. I finished cooking mine to perfection, melting in some sharp cheddar. Two happy tummies!

IMG_20210227_210130842.jpg

I couldn't use instant potatoes, K-Girl. Mashing potatoes is my way of working off anger or frustration. [emoji38]

We had breakfast for supper. Himself likes his scrambled eggs much looser than I do and prefers a plain cheese. I pulled his half early, covered in American cheese, and nuked it just enough to melt the cheese. I finished cooking mine to perfection, melting in some sharp cheddar. Two happy tummies!

View attachment 45800

What's with folks hatin' on Instant Mashed Potatoes? :LOL:
Heh! If I can get DH to eat it ... SCORE!
He HATES and I mean
HATES
Mashed, as in real Potatoes ... so, I win. I love `taters any way I can get `em!

You neglected to quote the next sentence.

...Mashing potatoes is my way of working off anger or frustration...

From my understanding of instant potatoes, if you mix them too much they become pasty. Besides, I always have russet spuds on hand. You can't bake instant potatoes. [emoji6]

Last edited:
You neglected to quote the next sentence.

From my understanding of instant potatoes, if you mix them too much they become pasty. Besides, I always have russet spuds on hand. You can't bake instant potatoes. [emoji6]

Well, if you mix potatoes for too long in a blender, they turn into glue. Ask me how I know. :ermm: :LOL:

Heavy errand day w/daughter so, too tired to prep a meal.

Settled for a NY steak in the a/f, sliced and served on a green salad. Also a/f toasted garlic/butter slathered Texas Toast.

Mini cream puffs (looking @ CG) were dessert. :yum:

Ross

Last night, this thread made me think of a favorite drink I used to make with Kahlua, so I made it - first time in years! I don't remember the name of it, plus it's not the exact thing, but tweaked to my liking. It was originally equal parts of creme de cacao, creme de menthe, and kahlua, with heavy cream added, but I doubled the creme de cacao and kahlua - the mint was too strong in an even amount.

1 oz Kahlua
1 oz dark creme de cacao
1/2 oz clear creme de menthe
1 1/2 oz heavy cream

Shake briefly with ice, and strain. Some friends used to like to leave the ice in, but I thought that diluted it too much.

Back
Top Bottom