Natn'l Wine & Cheese Day ~ July 25 2021 Dinner Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Yesterday, DH requested one of our "Snack Plates" supper.
I veto'd that, saying that we'd have it tomorrow, I already
had dinner started in the oven.

Today in my email inbox, what do I find?
An ad from Hickory Farms about National Wine & Cheese Day
and all of their specials!

gift.jpg

gift2.jpg
(file photos-but we'll be having something very close to this)

I got us covered ;)

What are you snacking on?

DD made cast iron pan fried skirt steak basted with fresh garlic and fresh rosemary for brunch.

Dinner will be eye round roast.

Eye round roast, steamed baby spinach, baked potato (butter, sour cream & fresh chives) and burgundy pan gravy.

eye_round_072521_IMG_8321.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight I tried out a couple of Danish recipes that I hadn't tried before. It was "krebinetter", breaded ground pork patties, and a potato salad with red onion, scallion greens, and lettuce. I didn't want to bother picking any chives, so I subbed the scallion greens. I didn't have any corn salad (a wild green, nothing to do with corn). So, I used some curly red lettuce and green crisp lettuce, both cut into 1-1.5 inch pieces. That has definite potential. It was pretty good, but I know I can improve it.

My plate:

Krebinet & potato salad, Linda's plate.jpg

And Stirling's plate:

Krebinet & potato salad, Stirling's plate.jpg

We had garden salads, followed by leftover beef in gravy and assorted veggies. No photo again because 1) it really wasn't photo-worthy and 2) I still can't open DC on my phone. "Access Denied" "Access Denied" :ermm: I have no idea why I've been put in the time-out corner via phone...

Yesterday, DH requested one of our "Snack Plates" supper.

IMG_0735.jpg

Boar's Head Uncured Soppressata Picante, Cheese, assorted chopped Veg, Olives and TJ's Ciabatta :yum: (the wine's for moi, DH does not partake)
DH was very happy, he said, "Can we have this again?"
:chef:
Sure!

Oh, and today is also National Hot Fudge Sundae Day,
so guess what we'll have for dessert later? ;)

We had garden salads, followed by leftover beef in gravy and assorted veggies. No photo again because 1) it really wasn't photo-worthy and 2) I still can't open DC on my phone. "Access Denied" "Access Denied" :ermm: I have no idea why I've been put in the time-out corner via phone...
I've been having the same problem with the phone app all weekend. I cleared the cache and it works for a while and then starts having problems again. I might uninstall and reinstall it and see if that helps.

We had guests for dinner - two of DH's shipmates from his time in the Navy and their wives. One couple is from Seattle, Washington. They sold everything and are traveling in their specially outfitted van around the country.

DH smoked some pork shoulder and I made baked beans, coleslaw and watermelon-feta salad. I also made bruschetta for an appetizer - fresh pesto from garden herbs on toasted baguette slices topped with chopped tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Everyone loved it. I love to make people happy with my food [emoji7]

Last edited:
Wine & cheese is something I usually do when I wake up at 3am and I can't get back to sleep. I usually toss in some charcuterie and crackers to go with. A full belly and a buzz from the wine will usually put me back to sleep by 4am.

Back
Top Bottom