Need help about Italian Pasta and Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fontina

Assistant Cook
Dear friends,

I'm a new member in this cooking forum.
I love cooking and very happy to see when someone love my food.The kitchen work is always belong to my responsibility.I love to cook Thai food,some easy chinease and Norwegian food.Last week, me and my boyfriend went to Italy for vacation,we tried many type of Italian pastas,Pizzas etc.I dont know if everyone will be the same or not but for us we both falling in love with Italian food and try to make it when we come back home.I have a chance to try some kind of cheese that I never try before in Norway then I love it a lot.I relize again that i could take some photo of kind of that cheese or ask the hotel staff about what kind or the name of that cheese but it's too late when we already came back home.I try to find out what kind and the name of it but I'm not sure yet during ''Mozzarella'' or ''Ricotta''.If anyone here is cheese expert,please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
:chef:

I'm not an expert on cheese by any means, but I have cooked with quite a few Italian varietals. Could you desribe the color, texture, and flavor in more detail? Also, did you try it on it's own or was it a part of another dish?

Thank you so much Ironchef.The kind of cheese that I mentioned is soft with white color,soft sweet taste.I tried it on it own and with soft bread in the morning.I'm regret that I didnt take some photo or ask them before I left from the hotel.I'm thinking about if it is ''Mozzarella'' or ''Ricotta'' ? But I'm not sure because I'm not european and not so professional in it.

Thank you for your help

Thank you so much pmcgrew.:)The kind of cheese that I mentioned is soft with white color,soft sweet taste.I tried it on it own and with soft bread in the morning.I'm regret that I didnt take some photo or ask them before I left from the hotel.I'm thinking about if it is ''Mozzarella'' or ''Ricotta'' ? But I'm not sure because I'm not european and not so professional in it.

:)Try looking here in the Italy cheeses you might get the name of the cheese you where looking for.igourmet: Gourmet Gift Baskets, Cheese, Specialty Food, Cheese Basket Gifts, Holiday Ideas look for cheese then Italy
Can you tell us what kind of dishes you had in Italy and maybe we can tell what kind of cheese it is.

Your description suggests mozzarella.

Ricotta is similar in consistency to cottage cheese. It is a cheese you would spoon rather than slice.

I'm sure you could call/e-mail the place you stayed and ask them what the cheese was. As Andy M mentioned, could you slice it or did you have to spread it?

Back
Top Bottom