Need to make something for the week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alx26

Cook
Hey guys need a dish to make tommorow that I can store and have 3 or four portions of to last me till wednesday.

Anyone got any ideas. preffered ingredients are chicken, rice, or potatoes....

Maybe some kind of a chinese recipe for good sauce for the rice. or something classic.

Anything really to excite my taste buds. will greatly appreciate it...

One thing I like to do is to roast a whole chicken. Eat some of it roasted for a meal. Remove some of the cooked chicken and chop it up for enchiladas, chicken salad/casserole, etc. for another meal. Lastly, turn the carcass into chicken soup with veggies, noodles and a little of the leftover chopped chicken.

One thing I like to do is to roast a whole chicken. Eat some of it roasted for a meal. Remove some of the cooked chicken and chop it up for enchiladas, chicken salad/casserole, etc. for another meal. Lastly, turn the carcass into chicken soup with veggies, noodles and a little of the leftover chopped chicken.
thats definetly a great idea but I forgot to take it out of the freezer. I'll save it for next weeks sunday dinner :chef:

meanwhile I'm looking more into ways of making the carbs ie rice, potatoes pasta taste great

for example about a month ago I cooked a lot of spaghetti with olive oil garlic and parsley. A very simple recipe but it was great because I could eat all of it without any problems.....

:( Katie stole my best idea!

But my dh travels frequently and I often cook up a big pot of rice - I like sticky rice best, and use it as a base. One night a stir fry with a bit of skinless/boneless chicken breast. One favorite is cold rice with cherry tomatoes (halved) and viniagrette (one with mustard in it). You could go a bit crazy with that one and include cold cuts, avacado, shallots, chives, you name it.

Back
Top Bottom