Need to WOW husband....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of posting this in the PG&P forum, but it is a kicked up potato recipe that I use. You will have to cut it down for the number of servings the you need. I am just doing it from memory, as I do it so often. I am tired from work and don't have my calculator handy.

Parmesan potato wedges

For 12-15 servings:
12 baking potaoes
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons parmesan (18 tbsp)
3 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoons olive oil

Cut washed potatoes into 6 to 8 wedges, depending on size. Mix the parmesan and seasonings with a fork. Drizzle olive oil over wedges and toss. Add seasoned parmesan and toss to coat. Lay out in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375ºF until thickest wedge is cooked through, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.

Great with steak from the barbie! And no babysitting!:chef:

Those sound like something that I would eat a ton of. Thank you!!! Yummmmy!!!!!~

pdswife said:
Those sound like something that I would eat a ton of. Thank you!!! Yummmmy!!!!!~
Making them again tomorrow to accompany the strip loin with green peppercorn and mushroom sauce. You might want to try that as well. Green peppercorn sauce is available in the baking aisle in most grocery stores. I use the mix at work because it is cheaper and less time consuming than making it from scratch. The green peppercorns are not as spicy IMHO as the black, they just add a "pop" of pepper when you bite into one. Sells like crazy at work. I just saute off some mushrooms and add it to the sauce. The sauce even has nuker directions. Done in under 5 minutes, depending on your nuker.:chef:
Edited to add: OOPS! Giving away restaurant "secrets" again, LOL.

Last edited:
My husband tells me I out-did my self last week. I made a pasta dish with a hot-pepper-tomato-cream sauce (most of it from the garden. No, I don't have a cow out there!!). But I understand where you're coming from. I was feeling bored and boring when it came to food. This time of year, though, it is easier to come up with good, new, original recipes. But there is nothing like having fresh veggies on hand, and living in dairy land (for great cheese). This time of year take what looks beautiful and go with it!

Back
Top Bottom