New Trend - Underground Restaurants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I am all for it! Having lived oversea for the last 5 years or so and eating in some pretty rotten US military establishments, I am all for this kind of good eating.

And from the perspective of running a catering service and organic farm(goat cheese, goat's milk, yogurts, butters, herbs, vegetables, fruits, meats, poultries and fishes)you can bet I would prefer big brother to stay out of my kitchen.

Not sure what qualifies as "Underground." If it's off the beaten path, small, or only the 'locals' know about it. I've found excellent restaurants thru Frommer's. I am weary of fancy restaurants, charging lots of money, small portions, waiting for weeks on end (on some occasions) for reservations, & stuffed in with a crowd who want to go to the 'in' spots. I remeber a while back, you could book a reservation in someone's home for a special intimate dinner. Wonder where that idea went. Something for foodies wanting to start a business might think about. If the food is good, fair prices & I can relax in a nice/quiet atmosphere, count me in.

You would be shocked at some of the restaurants here that have been inspected. A friend of mine "walks" thru the kitchen. :LOL:

If I knew where one was.. I'd be there tomorrow.
Sounds like good fun and good food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom