New Years Day Dinner Tuesday 1st January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The stew couldn't have turned out better. This is such a simple dish to make; I don't know why we don't have it more often. My wife had seconds and I had thirds. :pig:

img_1224432_0_bbc1cccc87c43f80a498da4297b18084.jpg

That looks extremely tasty Steve, nice one :chef:

Have you tried creamed coconut? It comes in a block and you grate it. It can be added straight into a liquidy dish or reconstituted to coconut milk or cream. It's particularly handy if you don't want to increase the liquid or if you don't need a whole can of coconut milk.

Sounds good, TL. Thanks, I will look for it. I can probably get it at the Asian supermarket and I have wanted to go there for awhile now.

I usually buy a different brand of coconut milk which is super thick. I had cans of it behind this one, but am always in the habit of using up the old before the new and I didn't realize there was such a difference in the brands. The thick one is cheaper too! :)

We spent the night trying to comfort a distressed dog. I spent part of it sleeping on the floor. All is well but we all, including the dog, feel like we've been hit by a truck. Nights like that I'm glad we had leftovers. More prime rib, mac and cheese. I did grill some garlic, lemon and rosemary chicken breasts and made a salad. They had been marinating since last night and needed to be cooked. Bah humbug. =0)

Sounds good, TL. Thanks, I will look for it. I can probably get it at the Asian supermarket and I have wanted to go there for awhile now.

I usually buy a different brand of coconut milk which is super thick. I had cans of it behind this one, but am always in the habit of using up the old before the new and I didn't realize there was such a difference in the brands. The thick one is cheaper too! :)
I usually find it with West Indian food at the supermarket.

We spent the night trying to comfort a distressed dog. I spent part of it sleeping on the floor. All is well but we all, including the dog, feel like we've been hit by a truck. Nights like that I'm glad we had leftovers. More prime rib, mac and cheese. I did grill some garlic, lemon and rosemary chicken breasts and made a salad. They had been marinating since last night and needed to be cooked. Bah humbug. =0)

What was wrong with your dog, mmyap? Is he/she okay? I know about those all nighters up with the pets. Done it a few times. Hope you get a better sleep tonight.

I made our traditional NYD dinner - pork roast with sauerkraut, carrots, and mashed potato.

Chicken Piccata (garlic, mushrooms, white wine, lemon juice, parsley, capers), angel hair pasta, asparagus w/ lemon butter. Entenmann's chocolate donut.

Back
Top Bottom