New Years Day Dinner Tuesday 1st January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
I have just made a lovely sausage casserole and it is cooking away in the oven now :)

Steve is making a pancake to go under his casserole, his parents used to do this back in England, so Steve does it too :)

Making PPO's Black-Eyed Peas and Greens. I'm thinking I have to make some cornbread to go with it. But first, some sleep.

We'll have our traditional pizza. The dough is out on the counter right now warming. I also have some homemade dips and chips along with the Christmas cookies and crackerjack. We'll just kind of snack most of the day while we watch the Rose Parade on HGTV and then some movies.

Think I'll go find a hunk of beast and throw it on the egg and sort the sides out later.

We had mash (instant), baked beans and cheesy boerewors. I just had the fake taters. I made the mistake of having 15 vodkas with redbull last night. Feeling a bit green and falling asleep was near impossible since my bed was spinning. I'll make chewable food tomorrow lol!

I have just made a lovely sausage casserole and it is cooking away in the oven now :)

Steve is making a pancake to go under his casserole, his parents used to do this back in England, so Steve does it too :)

Sounds good. Thick American pancakes or thin ones (like crepes)?

We've been invited out to some Canadian friend's home, not sure what's on the menu. I'm not supposed to bring anything, but am considering doing so anyway ;)

An open faced pork sandwich with the leftover roast from the other night.

We've been invited out to some Canadian friend's home, not sure what's on the menu. I'm not supposed to bring anything, but am considering doing so anyway ;)
I'd be careful. If you disobey a Canadian's requests, it is customary to hang you upside down and dunk your head in snow, while flogging you with a slab of back bacon. It's never pretty. Trust me...:LOL:

I'd be careful. If you disobey a Canadian's requests, it is customary to hang you upside down and dunk your head in snow, while flogging you with a slab of back bacon. It's never pretty. Trust me...:LOL:

Lol Rock! Funny! They will have to drive me to the mountains to find any snow around here! Hmmm.......Now a big slab of back bacon, they could probably find! Since most of our close friends live in Canada, I made a rule that when I am entertaining them, they are not to "bring anything" (border/food issues). We had a dozen or so folks here for a holiday party and I specifically requested that no one bring anything and if they were so inclined, to instead make a donation to their local food bank, mission or soup kitchen. So......every last one of them showed up with a cake, or wine or other goodies! Crazy Canucks! So, I thought maybe I might break my own rule.... No flogging please! ;-)

Happy New Year Everyone !!
Laid back buffet and college football. Ham, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, home made lefse, veggies, dipps, devilled eggs, smoked salmon stuffed baby tomatoes, herring, eventually cookies and blue berry pie.

We are invited to dinner at our friends' place. I've been aked to bring corn bread; not sure what the host is making.

We're having a boneless ribeye roast with Bearnaise sauce, baked potato with sour cream and a Caesar salad. A bottle of Coppola Claret to top it all off.

I'm thinking of a seafood soup as I have a salmon head and bones for the stock and some pieces of various fish and shrimp in the freezer. Not sure if I will leave it clear or make it a coconut milk base - we are really beginning to like that!

Back
Top Bottom