New Year's Day Lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

padams2359

Senior Cook
:chef:We have about 20 friends coming over for lunch New Year’s Day. I think I am going to fix Chinese. I have not tackled this on a large scale is several years. I have to start today so that I am not up all night on Wednesday. Today it is off to the Chinese Market, tomorrow is produce, then Wednesday will be Sam’s or something for the rest of the stuff.

Egg Rolls – Have not made them in a long time. When I did, I made about 40 and put the rest in the freezer. This will take care of eating the cabbage.

Crab Rangoon – If I have time.

Soup – Have not decided what kind. My wife likes hot and sour, but I am not crazy about it. Although it is easy. Will not have to make Wontons with meat.

Pork Fried Rice – Always keep Red Pork in the freezer. Easier to cook a bit of it all at one time. Only need a little at a time.

Stir Fry Vegetable – Chicken, Pork and Shrimp. May make a couple different dishes of that, one regular, one spicy.

What is everyone else planning?

Hmm. New years day at lunchtime for me and my friends would probably mean breakfast, a nice big greasy one :)

Hash, bacon, eggs, lots of coffee, tea and juice, bread with lots of various cold cuts and cheeses.

Then again, Chinese sounds good....

Your Chinese meal sounds wonderful! I wish I lived closer... I'm doing a navy bean soup with the last of the Christmas ham (and a big old bone), salad, and cornbread. It's what we've always had. Not exciting, but satisfying. I will be trying to make it my super duper new Fagor multi function cooker.

Back
Top Bottom