Next Food Network Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ironchef said:
A caveman could do it.

Yeah....just drag in a coupla dead buffalo's, and throw some silverware on the floor.:LOL:

I can cook for 2-4 people like nobody's business...possibly handle a party of about 30ish but on the Barbie. Any more than that....fuggetaboutit. I see your point with the ingredients, but the cooking times have changed dramatically. Also, a "pinch of salt" is now what?....a pound?

Yes, the caterer should have been in his own on that one.

I wasn't going to watch this one but I might have gotten hooked after all. I imagine it is very frustrating for IC to watch. This is a show with almost nothing to do with picking the best cook. It is all about picking a successful TV personality and the two permanent judges make no bones about it.

I'll probably hang in there to root for JAG.

Did any of you see this last night? Jag crying like that? I have to be honest here... Jag needs to go to cooking school and toughen up his skin a bit. I graduated with high academic honors from Le Cordon Bleu Chicago. I got TORN APART on a weekly basis by chefs I was paying. They told him his food was boring and lacking flavor. Vinegar as a sauce? Huh? What did he expect?

Boy oh boy. FoodTV is scaring me these days. I'm praying that we won't have to be subjected to a Jag show.
Amy Finley RULES!

I lost all respect for Giada and Alton these past few shows. Just because they are judges, doesn't mean they have to be rude about critiquing the contestants.

Jeekinz said:
I lost all respect for Giada and Alton these past few shows. Just because they are judges, doesn't mean they have to be rude about critiquing the contestants.

bingo and Giada only makes the same few foods on her show anyway. her repetorie >SP? is to me,very limited. Plus, I've made a few of her things, a couple cookie recipes, that did not turn out. With Alton, his famous choco chippers, are not good.

Ardge said:
Boy oh boy. FoodTV is scaring me these days. I'm praying that we won't have to be subjected to a Jag show.
simply put, I won't be subjected to a Jag show, I won't watch it. His cussing fit turned me off a couple of weeks ago anyway. << classless

This is my first season of the show.
Interesting. I am not thrilled with any of the remaining
contestants, but if I had to guess, I would say that
we will be watching Rory's gummy smile on FoodTV.

Jag has control issues. He can't control his anger, he has
issues with his military service, and he can't "dumb down" his
cooking.

Amy has demonstrated that she caves under pressure. I haven't
really seen any decent personality from her on camera, at least
that caught MY attention. She was an early favorite of mine, but
has been dropping ever since.

Time will tell, oh boy!

Jeekinz said:
I can't even watch the idiot from last year. He still wears the Mr. T starter kit.:LOL:
And the two young men from the season before last, the first, seem to have disappeared.

I wonder if this show might not actually be damaging the food network. I can't watch most shows without consciously suspecting the "personality" is as contrived and produced as it is on Network Stars.

I was rooting for JAG but the enthusiasm started to wane at Fort Dix and disappeared during the Ironchef episode. At this point if I were being paid to pick a favorite it would be Amy, but the truth is I don't care to see more of any of them.

you can go to myspace.com/foodnetworkstar
and watch some of the audition videos for the
NEXT season of prospective stars.

oh boy. not good. ;)

the canadian guy who used to drive the toaster trailer kitchen is back doing outrageous food tasting. And a new Latino show is starting but it seems more fizz than substance from the commercials. But the reality show contestants really seem lame after several "challenges". What kind of tomatoes were those???

Yesterdays' episode was weird. They were discusion how Jag wasn't any good, and then they choose him anyway, huh... what was it about? Or did I misunderstud everything?

Hm, I thoght there was another post of mine here, but it is not, weird. Ah, what I was trying to say was the fact that there is very little cooking on Food Network left and new person is not going to cook either. Look at last year dude, he is not cooking. He is driving around checking out some diners. Who cares? The whole network is a shem. There are couple of shows during the day with people still cooking, lyke Tyler and Sarah Molton... Everything else is mostly entertainment. Pretty soon I'll cansel cable, Food TV is the only reason I'm paying for it. More and more it seems like a waist of money.

And the two young men from the season before last, the first, seem to have disappeared.
I just requested "The Hearty Boys" on fntv, and got 6 pages of recipe references, but nothing for a show. So it would seem they were not renewed for a 2nd season. (Guy Fieri WAS renewed. Go figure!) The Hearty Boys, however, have a very successful catering business in Chicago.

I saw last night's show, too. and join you all in being underwhelmed. I really don't care who wins, or whether I watch another minute of the show. I think this one could die a natural death and no one would miss it except those folks who are hoping to be contestants. :ermm:

I think if they changed how the contestants get judged it would be more interesting. i.e. Use a stage with a studio audience or "text to" whatever. Maybe not even have contestants eliminated and have a final vote? This way you could see more of the people who left in the first 1-2 shows.

CharlieD said:
Yesterdays' episode was weird. They were discusion how Jag wasn't any good, and then they choose him anyway, huh... what was it about? Or did I misunderstud everything?

They gave them a chance to fend for themselves.... Jag expressed his passion for food, and as they say at the Food Network, the FOOD is the STAR. The other guy talked about that he was an entertainer... oops, wrong thing to say! Even tho entertainment is key on FN!

Jeekinz said:
I think if they changed how the contestants get judged it would be more interesting. i.e. Use a stage with a studio audience or "text to" whatever. Maybe not even have contestants eliminated and have a final vote? This way you could see more of the people who left in the first 1-2 shows.

I agree.... America has voted... you're next FOOD NETWORK STAR IS?

I would have to say Amy at this point. But yea, it would be nice to see these people actually do something with their skills (or lack there of) instead of becoming a 'host'.

Back
Top Bottom