Nobody ate dinner on Wed. 2/17/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner Wednesday, 2-17-2016 ~ Slacker Supper

I make a nice supper, then find that there is no thread in which to post? :huh: Something needs to be done. So here is that thread!

I made Greek salads, then seared some scallop pieces, made up a pan of mushrooms, bacon and Brussels sprouts, and cooked a package of Carolina white and wild rice. So good.

Is everyone else fasting? If not, what did you have Wednesday night?

Attachments

• 2016-02-17 19.44.57.jpg
    2016-02-17 19.44.57.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 2016-02-17 20.10.25.jpg
    2016-02-17 20.10.25.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 161
It's bed time here on the west coast.

I wanted to get out to the grill tonight but it was raining, so opted for doing some marinated veggies under the broiler on a sheet pan. They were just ok, but not up to par in my handy dandy grill basket. Saved some of the highly spiced vinegar/olive oil marinade for the Mahi Mahi steaks seared in olive oil in a skillet, slightly under done the way we like it. Tri colored rice for the SC.

I bet someone ate besides us. :LOL:

Oh, dear - I just posted in Cooking Goddess's post for dinner tonight. But tonight was a break for me from cooking - all I made was a tuna melt.

Kayelle, I beat you by 5 minutes. ;) Ever since Cheryl and I simul-posted dinner threads, I'm faithful about checking the "Today's Menu" sub-forum one last time right before I hit "Send" on the thread I composed.

Maybe we could get a mod to merge our two threads together?

Not on MY side of the country. ;) At least I got the day of the week right, but the date/time showing up on my computer already displayed "18" and that's what I posted. Sorry. *hangs head in shame*

Threads merged...we ate lunch in town, so no dinner tonight, just a bunch of grazing going on.

Pasta with zucchini, yellow squash, onion and garlic in a tasso cream sauce.:yum:

My dinner last night was leftovers. It didn't feel worth mentioning. :neutral:

To be honest, I really haven't felt much like cooking lately. I don't think I said anything here, but my wife and I have decided to separate after 20 years of marriage. Right now I'm living in an apartment with a crappy stove that doesn't exactly inspire great dinners. I would love to grill, since it's supposed to warm up this weekend, but alas, there is no grilling area here, either.

I don't mean to sound all "gloom and doom," but, unfortunately, this will probably be my living situation for the next 6 months until everything is settled and I can get back on my feet again.

Last edited:

To be honest, I really haven't felt much like cooking lately. I don't think I said anything here, but my wife and I have decided to separate after 20 years of marriage. Right now I'm living in an apartment with a crappy stove that doesn't exactly inspire great dinners. I would love to grill, since it's supposed to warm up this weekend, but alas, there is no grilling area here, either.

I don't mean to sound all "gloom and doom," but, unfortunately, this will probably be my living situation for the next 6 months until everything is settled and I can get back on my feet again.

I'm sorry to hear that, Steve. I'm sure you both have decided it's for the best, but it's still a very tough thing to go through. Best wishes.

Steve, I'm sorry to hear this. I've been through it too and it's never a fun time. Hang in there. Things will get better.

That's a shame, Steve. So sorry.

So sorry, Steve!

Steve, I am sorry to hear that.

oh, a friend dropped off a roasted chicken dinner and bottle of wine as a random act of kindness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom