Not Yo' Mama's Sunday Dinner - 5/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muffaletta with capicola, mortadella, sopressata, provolone, homemade olive salad, homemade bread.

Attachments

• 2021-05-02 18.27.06.jpg
    2021-05-02 18.27.06.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I was quite busy all day today, so we had late lunch/early dinner
or what we call Linner ...
I made Ham & Swiss Pinwheels with Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets
Stuffed Hot Cherry Peppers with Sharp Provolone and Prosciutto (I finally taught myself how-to make my own since I found the Peppers)
and Prosciutto wrapped Cantaloupe ...
... all that was just DH ... none of that is my cup of tea ... I had a bowl of leftover Hawaii-Style Beef Stew with Rice :yum: not his favorite ... so everyone is happy, fed and the kitchen is closed for the day :chef: I'm pooped!
I've got a glass of Wine and looking for a movie to watch as I lounge on the Sofa ... now that's what I call a Sunday!!

We ordered from our favourite Indian resto. It was excellent, as usual. And, they are making their lamb samosas. While we like the vegi samosas, the lamb ones are especially good.

Eye round roast, steamed baby spinach, baked potato (butter, sour cream and chives) and pan gravy. And a glass of Lambrusco sparkling wine. Dessert was strawberry shortcake (no picture).

eye_round_050221_IMG_8050.jpg

We had overnight French toast, link sausages, and mushroom omelet with American cheese. Himself likes it with egg dishes, but I have problems with it under the broiler. It goes from not melting to extra brown in the blink of the eye. Still tasty!
IMG_20210502_205805425_HDR.jpg

First Jumbo-Juicy Grilled Cheeseburger and fresh corn of the season. Also first s'more of the season! :yum:

Attachments

• 2021-05-02 (1).jpg
    2021-05-02 (1).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2021-05-02.jpg
    2021-05-02.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 58
TB had chicken thighs with Nando's sauce on them.

I was really bad and had a Mama Burger with cheese and bacon, onion rings, diet root beer and an apple turnover. Sugar levels are through the roof and I need to stop eating meat. It is weigh-in tomorrow so hopefully, my willpower will get an eyeopener.

Back
Top Bottom