Nov 13 2014, Thursday's Child ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where do you get your Hatch chilis, and do you get them already roasted.

When I lived in Santa Fe you couldn't avoided them. Now I can't get them, at all.

They are the best. There is no substitute. Best you'll find is something similar.

Where do you get your Hatch chilis, and do you get them already roasted.

When I lived in Santa Fe you couldn't avoided them. Now I can't get them, at all.

They are the best. There is no substitute. Best you'll find is something similar.

Here, in Southern AZ, I can get them pretty much anywhere, at it's up to you if you want them roasted. As they do in NM, there's always a roasting basket out back of the store, but I prefer when I buy them fresh to treat them my self. I like to stuff and bake them also for Chile Rellenos using, the green Hatch Chile (canned) sauce :yum:
My Mother moved to the San Joaquin valley and buys her Hatch Chiles canned at Costco. She divides them up into zip top bags and freezes them.
We're hooked on them, for sure!

Hatch chilis freshly roasted are the biggest thing I miss about living in Santa Fe! I visit Mesa AZ fairly often and I'll have to see if they do that there too. It would be a good excuse to go to Mesa and visit my cousin. (The drive from L.A. to Phoenix is horrible!!!)

I mostly use them for sauce, like in enchiladas. They'd be good any place you'd use any other chilis.

I haven't seen them big enough for rellenos. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. :)

Back
Top Bottom