Nutella - heaven on an apple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried making rice crispy treats with it once, but it was a failed experiment believe it or not. That does not mean I will not try again though.

Perhaps using it as a glue is a failure, but sandwiching between two thin layers of rice crispy treats sounds pretty good to me! :chef:

I did not replace the marshmallow with the Nutella, but used it in addition. The taste just did not work as I had expected. They held together well though and it was fun licking the spoon :)

I'm guessing that Nutella is going to be a "new toy" that DC cooks will be playing with for a while! :LOL:

You guys made me go out and buy a jar today! :rolleyes:

It's been so long I barely remember what it tastes like... but I will later this evening! ;)

Nutella is just awesome...my absolute fave is when you spread it in a crepe with banana slices then fold it, add some choco syrup...also grilled nutella sandwiches just like what Giada De Laurentiis does...2 bread, spread nutella and grilled to perfection...i ♥ nutella!!

Really though...is there any way nutella isn't tasty? Those cookies are so yum. I think I might have to make some today.

I must be the only person on earth who doesn't like Nutella, right? It seems too sweet to me...and I have Hershey's syrup running through my veins!:LOL: I'd rather have plain, ol' PB. Smucker's unsalted Natural...nothin' but peanuts! I could spin up some of my own at home, but buying Smucker's is soooo much easier - and a little bit of "home" since we lived rather close to Orville, OH.

my discovery of Nutella is why I planted two filbert bushes a few years ago. Today, I checked my bushes......and one has sprouted its very first tassel thingies, 4 of them. So if a deer doesn't come along and eat them, I could have a whopping harvest this summer of four nuts....hardly enough to make anything, but I feel this bodes well for some future harvests..

my discovery of Nutella is why I planted two filbert bushes a few years ago. Today, I checked my bushes......and one has sprouted its very first tassel thingies, 4 of them. So if a deer doesn't come along and eat them, I could have a whopping harvest this summer of four nuts....hardly enough to make anything, but I feel this bodes well for some future harvests..

Where did u get the filbert bushes? And I guess they are hardy enough to survive the winter ??

We have 8 filbert bushes from the National Arbor Day Society. Last year's harvest was 1 1/2 pounds shelled for us and probably about the same for critters like the squirrels.
Nutella is too sweet for us and I think it contains vanillin and some sort of vegetable (peanut) oils in addition to the hazelnut's oil.

Well if the deer does come along to eat them you will have a freezer full of venison, right?:chef:

I wish it were that easy..I have no window that looks out on the filberts, so the deer nibble at ease there:-p...we do get our fill of venison though....and there are ways to keep the deer from the filberts..;)

18" plantings take about 5 years to bear fruit in any quantity or size. Our oldest bushes are about 15' high and 8' wide at their crowns. They're all planted 8' apart and provide a nice privacy screen in the summer. Younger deer nibble on low growing new shoots. Gray squirrels and chipmunks are the biggest threat. Worm infestation and fungal infection of nut pods can also be a problem.

Coarsely ground they're a great cookie ingredient. Due to high oil content, fine grinding can be a problem; unless you want hazel nut paste.
http://www.arborday.org/arborday/

When I lived in Paris, I used to have Nutella crepes every week. I agree that it can get a bit sickly, but in moderation, mixed with bananas, strawberries or other fresh fruit it's delicious!

Back
Top Bottom