October 5, 2018. Um, National Rocky Mountain Oyster Day. What's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle, that's great news about the doctor's exam!

Joel, maybe you did have prairie oysters after all - perhaps the "Special Selections" hot dogs were made from Special "Parts". :brows:

We split the two leftover ribs from last night; I sauteed the radish and turnip greens with bacon, ham, and canellini beans; and I pulled a bag of pulled pork from the freezer and served it up in a toasted piece of baguette.

That's Private Selection. It is a Kroger store brand. It is a pretty good brand. The Simple Truth brand at Kroger is really good, too. Simple Truth chicken is very good quality meat.

I don't know if the other Kroger owned stores carry those brands, or not. I don't recall seeing them at Ralph's when I shop in SoCal.

CD

Nobody game for Rocky Mountain Oysters? I wouldn't want to prepare them, but the couple of times I've eaten them, they were really good. Both times they were chicken fried. Sweet Breads are really good too and my Dad used to make a special breakfast of brains and eggs. I used to make lamb kidney saute' like my Dad's, but not anymore.

That's another story.

Nobody game for Rocky Mountain Oysters? I wouldn't want to prepare them, but the couple of times I've eaten them, they were really good. Both times they were chicken fried. Sweet Breads are really good too and my Dad used to make a special breakfast of brains and eggs. I used to make lamb kidney saute' like my Dad's, but not anymore.

That's another story.

I have had Calf Fries, which are like Rocky Mountain Oysters, but from younger cattle. I've never ordered them, I ended up eating them with tourists I was tasked with showing "Texas," as people think we live. They don't taste bad, and if you are really hungry, and have plenty of beer, they get the job done. Same with fried Alligator tail, when I've gone to trade shows and conventions in New Orleans. Tastes like chicken -- really.

Chicken fried is the best way to cook testicles, from my limited experience. And, they certainly taste better than livers. :glare:

CD

Back
Top Bottom