Official Dinner Thread for Monday the 20th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Man! I love burgers! I could eat them 2-3 times a week.

Tonight's was a med. rare burger with mayo, tomato, onion, pepperoncini and provolone on a sesame seed bun. A pasta salad and a beer made it a meal.

IMG_0164.jpg

I'm with you Andy!

We're finally back in our home after 5 days in a hotel... we had some remodeling done on the inside, didn't want to live in the mess.
So we spent the majority of the day cleaning, my back is screaming at me that I did way too much, I'm hungry but I'm just so dang tired, I just want to get a shower and a little something to eat.

IMG_E1783.jpg

So it's an easy Trader Joe's kinda night :)
Mini Pizzas for him and Butter Chicken for me

I couldn't motivate myself to cook, so we ordered from Thai Express. DH had the chicken pad Thai, with no added spice, since his tummy is feeling delicate. I had a mini tom yum soup, chicken wings, and an imperial roll. It was pretty good, but nothing special. It served its purpose.

I'm with you Andy!

We're finally back in our home after 5 days in a hotel... we had some remodeling done on the inside, didn't want to live in the mess.
So we spent the majority of the day cleaning, my back is screaming at me that I did way too much, I'm hungry but I'm just so dang tired, I just want to get a shower and a little something to eat.

View attachment 52274

So it's an easy Trader Joe's kinda night :)
Mini Pizzas for him and Butter Chicken for me

YUM-O!
Never had Butter Chicken before, which is why I bought this single serve frozen meal... spicy!

We went to the big city (Worcester, not Boston) to run errands. Stopped at our favorite Irish pub for beer and dinner. Smithwick's and beer-batter fish and chips for Himself, Guinness and Guinness and beef pot pie for me. We each brought home leftovers. Dessert? HaHaHaHaHa!!!

IMG_20220620_194815364.jpgIMG_20220620_195601537.jpgIMG_20220620_195549909.jpg

I started country pork ribs in the slow cooker but, they were not ready when we got hungry. We went to Steak 'n Shake for burgers.

Ribs will be dinner Tuesday.

Lemon pudding was dessert.

Ross

I made my first batch of Szechwan eggplant this season - a double recipe, using just over 2 lbs. And I'm still using garlic harvested almost a year ago! Only a couple weeks until this year's harvest.
Garlic from last season, for the Szechuan eggplant. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Eggplants cut up for the Szechuan eggplant - the String Chinese the only ones with seeds. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Szechuan eggplant on rice, half brown half white Basmati. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I heated some of this up this morning for breakfast!

that Eggplant dish, looks DELISH! Welcome back Pepperhead. You were missing here for a while.

I had brown basmati rice with braised soybeans and salsa and hatch peppers canned from a couple years ago. Good and satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom