Official Dinner Thread for Nov. 14th 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have some leftover pork shoulder from the chili verde I made a couple of days ago so I searched around for a recipe I could use it in.

Tonight's dinner will be Cuban Picadillo made with pork shoulder. We'll have rice and a veggie to accompany.

What are your plans for tonight?

Think I'm doing chef's salads tonight; onions, carrots, garlic, and some of the last of the tomatoes from the garden, cucumber, avocado, cheese, cubed ham with homemade ranch dressing.

Ooooo I like the idea of Picadillo with pork shoulder Andy!

I'm thawing some loin lamb chops from Costco and I'll pan fry them as usual. We'll have them with loaded spuds and seamed broccoli.

Beer Brats, Onions Sautee'd in Butter and Wine, Cheddar Mac, Green Beans & Corn, Cuke Salad...

Brats & Onions, Cheddar Mac.jpg

We had some pad see ew, that was leftover from a delivery order and in the freezer. We also had some lamb samosas and some pakora, also left over from a delivery order. It was all yummy.

For DW, smoked rib pork chop with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, ,made with lots of butter, and a little cream, and spinach with a couple drops white vinager.

For me, mezzo-penne pasta carbunara and diced sirloin steak, cooked medium rare, all dressed with butter , and Tobasco Saice. Tastes great, and the egg made it creamy and silky smooth. I just have to figure out a veggie to go with it.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Roasted potatoes & onions, maple sausage links, scrambled eggs and sliced cucumber for me. Same for Mom except replace cucumber with an heirloom tomato.

Back
Top Bottom