Official Dinner Thread for Saturday the 11th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What's on everyone's plates tonight?

We had buffalo wings (under the broiler) and my first attempt at onion rings. They were pretty good! Next time, more salt and thinner coating.

Attachments

• 8DE8683C-E787-4BC8-9523-2114F360767D_1_105_c.jpg
    8DE8683C-E787-4BC8-9523-2114F360767D_1_105_c.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 60
Yum Andy!

IMG_0185.jpg
(file photo)

Hawaii-Style Chopped Steak served over the ever present steamed White Rice.
Couldn't get a snapshot again of tonight's dinner because of those dang vultures swarming around my kitchen :LOL:
But the above file photo is an exact duplicate of what I made this evening.

We had some of the leftovers that were supposed to be for last night until I shooed the suddenly available Himself outside to grill. Himself had a couple of the hot dogs, a little can of baked beans, and tater puffs. I filled a bowl with greens, hid it under veggies, a bit of shredded mozzarella, and some leftover chicken and steak...and tater puffs. Just like bacon, if you make tots for one person in the house, you make tots for ALL the people in the house. [emoji1]

IMG_20210911_225822155.jpg

We are taking as many opportunities to grill as possible, while the weather is good for grilling. DH grilled some burgers. They were particularly good tonight. I dressed mine with Dijon, mayo, sliced onion, romaine lettuce, and fatakra hot sauce and had it on a sesame kaiser roll. I didn't feel like taking a bunch of pix to get one or two decent ones, so here is a photo of my burger, ready to eat, with a dill pickle.

2021-09-11 Grilled burger small.jpg

EZ meal tonight. Van de Camp's breaded fish fillets, frozen mixed veggies in homemade cheddar cheese sauce (came out ultra smooth), and rice.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Yum Andy!

View attachment 48771
(file photo)

Hawaii-Style Chopped Steak served over the ever present steamed White Rice.
Couldn't get a snapshot again of tonight's dinner because of those dang vultures swarming around my kitchen :LOL:
But the above file photo is an exact duplicate of what I made this evening.
Looks good. Have you posted the steak recipe?

We had mini Mama Mary pizzas. Mine had tomato sauce with spices and EVOO added, fresh grated Romano and Parmesan, mozzarella, fresh basil and oregano, sliced onion, slivered garlic, black olives, green pepper and pepperoni. I only ate half.

We had Mexican Pork and Tortilla casserole (Leftovers in the freezer) plus my newest version of "refried" pinto beans. The beans are a spicy version. Everything was good and DH was happy with the beans. I think I might try half the jalapenos next time, but the heat isn't overwhelming now either. No pictures, but yummy!

We had our normal Saturday tradition - potato, onion, and kielbasa soup. Mom had her strawberries for dessert and I had my watermelon.

DDIL slow-roasted a beef roast, nicely seasoned, and tender. Twice boiled potatoes, mashed for me, once boiled and seasoned mashed potatoes for everyone else. A leafy salad with balsamic vinegar dressing completed the plate, oh, and real gravy made from the roast drippings.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

All I do is chop some red potatoes into bite-sized pieces and dice an onion, into a 3 or 4 qt pot it goes with water. Cook until the potatoes are fork-tender. While that's cooking I slice a kielbasa half into bite size pieces. When potatoes are fork-tender, I put the kielbasa and some chicken broth in the pot and it cooks for another 10 minutes. It is a brothy-type soup.

All I do is chop some red potatoes into bite-sized pieces and dice an onion, into a 3 or 4 qt pot it goes with water. Cook until the potatoes are fork-tender. While that's cooking I slice a kielbasa half into bite size pieces. When potatoes are fork-tender, I put the kielbasa and some chicken broth in the pot and it cooks for another 10 minutes. It is a brothy-type soup.
Thank you. Do you ever add cabbage?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom