Official Dinner Thread for Sunday the 16th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's supper was store bought tourtière, boiled potatoes, gravy, and rødkål (Danish red cabbage). I really enjoyed that.

Tourtière, rødkål, potatoes, and gravy.jpg

taxy, is rødkål served warm or cold?

I love it both ways, but prefer it warm.

We always heat rødkål, when it's the veg with supper. I only use it cold as a garnish on a sandwich. But, now that I think of it, it might be good cold on a hot dog, when we don't have any sauerkraut.

I dug in the fridge and found a leftover piece of French toast, a thick but small slice of ham, a slice of Jarlsberg, and a couple of slices of turkey, so I stacked them with a layer of spicy brown mustard in the middle, nuked it, and doused it in maple syrup.

Viola! An open face Monte Cristo. It was so sweet, savory, and tangy from the combo of mustard and maple syrup.

I dug in the fridge and found a leftover piece of French toast, a thick but small slice of ham, a slice of Jarlsberg, and a couple of slices of turkey, so I stacked them with a layer of spicy brown mustard in the middle, nuked it, and doused it in maple syrup.

Viola! An open face Monte Cristo. It was so sweet, savory, and tangy from the combo of mustard and maple syrup.

Sounded really good until you got to the maple syrup. Don't get me wrong, I love maple syrup. I just don't want it on my savoury food. You would love a sugaring off party, here in Québec. It's traditional to smother the food in maple syrup. The food is usually very hearty "breakfast food", i.e., eggs, toast, sausages, bacon, beans, creton, ...

Back
Top Bottom