Official Dinner Thread for Thursday the 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Dinner will be an individual medley for us tonight. SO is having a TJs wonton soup or ravioli. She hasn't decided yet. I'm having a bowl of heresh, a recipe from my mom for an old family fave. Basically gruel made with chicken and hulled wheat and served with brown butter.

Tonight's Beef Frank under Sauerkraut, Mashed Yukons under Creamed Corn, Zippy Lima Beans, Sliced Cucumber under Sesame / Ginger Dressing...

Franks & Kraut.jpg

Pan fried pork chop and Knorr Butter and Herb noodle side dish.

pork_chop_021320_IMG_6707.JPG

I made a chicken pot pie with yesterday chix, extra carrots and potato too, along w/ peas, a little onion and gravy -sauce. Over salted the sauce. blech. Lettuce salad with blue cheese dressing on the side.

Meanwhile, SO made a very good chicken stock with the carcass for soup tomorrow. She makes the best chicken soup.

Everything looks and sounds wonderful folks!
Ross, do save me a piece of pie, would you, thanks.

I finally found the leftover Prime Rib Roast chunks that I brought
back from our family celebration at Christmas (I'll "catch you up" on that later ;)).

I had been searching for it the past coupla days and was starting to panic... what had I done with that!? That ain't cheap stuff!

So it'll be Rib Roast, Baked Potatoes and TJ's fresh Hariot Verts :yum:

Brownies Ala Mode for dessert :w00t:

I made shrimp Scampi. I thought of making salads, too, but I had only enough time and energy to make either salads or dessert. Ross will be pleased that I chose the latter.

Strawberry shortcake with scratch biscuits. :yum:

IMG_20200213_235121446.jpg

Frigging cold in Northern MN (-45F windchill). Can I please get back to Ontario. Anyway, I made potato salad and brats for the KN. Cold, frigging cold. I am wearing my Mom's down jacket in the house. The KN has the thermostat set at 78 F, but there is a draft.

Last edited:
We had baked chicken thighs with macaroni salad, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. Store-bought Valentine's Day mini-cupcakes for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom