Official Dinner Thread for Thursday the 30th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Having gathered all the ingredients for empanadas, I have no excuse for not making them for dinner tonight. So it'll be empanadas with salsa and sour cream, Mexican rice and tossed salad. Photo to follow.

What's up with you all?

We have placed an order for pizza for DH and a souvlaki platter for me. I was going to make the fiskefrikadeller, but I got a migraine. I put the already thawed fish back in the freezer. Since it will be ground in the food processor to make the fiskefrikadeller, change in consistency shouldn't be a problem. I don't want the fish fillets to off.

My Neighborhood Gal Pals took me out for a Birthday Lunch.

IMG_6190.jpg
what lovely wrapping!

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

We shared what was on the table:
Mushroom Duxelle with a side Salad
Chicken, `Shrooms & Spinach in a Sherry Cream Sauce over Penne
Caprese Salad
and two different Shrimp Tapas
Oh, and wine all around
*belch*
I just finished an Alka Seltzer
excuse me
that was wonderful and I'm so stuffed,
NO dinner for moi ... don't know what DH will be doing for supper :rolleyes:

*Note: this was at one a handful of restaurants here that serve out on an open-air patio when in season ... we had to wear our masks if we were not seated at our table that is much farther than 6 feet away from the next, so there's that.

Last edited:
Nice lunch, K-Girl, and really nice friends. You sure moved into the right neighborhood this time! Happy Birthday - again. :LOL: After all, do you age another year each time you celebrate in a calendar cycle? :whistling:

Cleaning out the fridge before heading to the grocery stores (2) tomorrow. We'll see how my leftover plate looks before I decide to post or not.

Nice lunch, K-Girl, and really nice friends. You sure moved into the right neighborhood this time! Happy Birthday - again. [emoji38] After all, do you age another year each time you celebrate in a calendar cycle? :whistling:
LOL, I hope not! A friend of mine taught me to celebrate Birthday Week, back in the day when people sent birthday cards through old-school mail[emoji38] That way, no one had to feel bad if their card arrived after the day. And if the years end with a zero, you get to celebrate Birthday Month woot!

Looks wonderful, K'girl! Happy birthday! [emoji512] [emoji322] [emoji485]

Last edited:
Hot dogs, gussied up with a slice of cheese in the middle and wrapped in bacon. Bushies bake beans right out of the can. And, I did make a bowl of guacamole with chips for hors'd oeuvres.

having gathered all the ingredients for empanadas, i have no excuse for not making them for dinner tonight. So it'll be empanadas with salsa and sour cream, mexican rice and tossed salad. Photo to follow.

What's up with you all?

25692433-FD86-4875-B3E6-129500B1518E_1_201_a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom