Official Dinner Thread for Thursday the 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Sous vide London broil, mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was a little tough. I'll have to experiment with cooking it longer to break down the tougher fibers.

F3D99AF4-EF0A-44A6-9CD3-F541BA225505_1_105_c.jpg

The color looks good, though, Andy.

We were supposed to have homemade chicken soup last night - and didn't. We were going to have chicken soup tonight - but I haven't picked the meat from the bones and the stock is still cooking down just now. I pulled an emergency bag of "Gorton's Natural Catch" fish fillets that I thought we could try. They're... okay. Most likely a one and done purchase - after the second half of the bag is gone.

I served them with Aldi tater puffs and fresh Brussel sprouts with bacon and mushrooms, seasoned with garlic powder and tarragon. I'd be happy with a plate of just the sprouts dish

IMG_20211209_211214393_HDR.jpg

We had the rest of the pizza from earlier this week. We also had one kebbe each. I get those from Lufa Farms, already made. I stuck two of them on the electric skillet with the pizza and put the lid on the skillet. That works really well for reheating pizza. It worked well enough for the kebbe. The kebbe was good, but the time I heated it in the toaster oven on fan bake, they were even better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom