Official Dinner Thread for Tuesday the 14th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Sous Vide pork tenderloin finished in my CI skillet, bulgar pilaf and a green vegetable.

775C812E-9992-4662-B0B8-00565D565D81_1_105_c.jpg

Andy, what do you put im the bulgar pilaf? Im always looking for new ideas with bulgar.

I make it exactly like my rice pilaf.

PILAF

1 C Rice, long grain
4 Tb Butter
2 Nests of Angel Hair Pasta (about 2 Oz.)
2 C Chicken/Beef/Vegetable broth

Thoroughly rinse and drain the rice.

Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Crumble the pasta nests into the butter. Brown the pasta in the butter. The butter and the noodles should turn a fairly dark brown (more than golden brown but less than burned). It is the browning of the butter and noodles that really gives the pilaf its flavor.

Add the rice and cook over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Don't open the pan to look or stir.

At the end of the cooking time, turn off the burner and let it rest in the pan (covered) for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.

Got my booster shot today, so I planned an easy meal "just in case". I had some cod fresh fried at the seafood counter, then steamed Brussel sprouts for Himself, sauteed asparagus for me, and pan roasted tiny golden creamer potatoes. Meanwhile, I feel awake and energetic as we approach midnight. No idea how much I'll accomplish by the time I crash. [emoji38]

IMG_20211214_204118856.jpg

Tonight, for supper I served pulled pork on toasted hamburger buns and homemade coleslaw. There was a jar of dill pickles on the table.

I asked about pulled pork in this thread: Pulled pork enhancement and got inspiration from a bunch of interesting replies.

I fried up some cumin, jalapeños, onions, and garlic. Then I added the store bought pulled pork and a bit of vegi stock, and finally some of the tamarind sauce that came with the Indian food order Sunday. That was tasty and a big improvement over the last time we tried that pulled pork.

Pulled pork on a bun, coleslaw, and a pickle.jpg Pulled pork on two buns and a pickle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom