Official Dinner Thread for Tuesday the 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO and I had lunch at a local seafood restaurant. We shared an order of fried calamari for an appetizer. My dinner was a lobster roll and hers was fried clams.

4CC999FE-B193-47FC-B273-E4B0D16F3A26_1_105_c.jpg

79ED59BA-6207-421E-B140-55A854FA9261_1_105_c.jpg

4897FCB0-34FD-4ED5-8C95-CE934C4232A7_1_105_c.jpg

Marinated (Lemon / Pepper) Chicken Breast from the Air Fryer, Baby Yukons fried in Duck Fat, Steamed cauliflower............
(Should have made a Sauce... )

Chicken Breast, Marinated.jpg

Looks good guys!

I've spent the entire day cleaning the house in anticipation
of my Mother's arrival, I'm whipped!
But, the show must go on.
I have some sort of Pasta in mind served with
Sausages, Peppers and Onions in a Garlic Olive Oil sauce.
Store bought Italian Bread to mop up all the goodness :yum:

Pan fried Smithfield smoked pork chop (very thin and not very smoky), mashed potatoes and Trader Joe's power greens pan fried in chop drippings.

smoked_pork_chop_power_greens_081721_IMG_8463.jpg

power_greens_081721_IMG_8460.jpg

Pork cutlets with a spicy applesauce glaze, twice cooked potatoes (solar oven and toaster oven), and fresh peas from the garden. Glass of Pedroncelli dry zinfandel rosé.

Rf8jqjK.jpg

We were expecting a produce (plus) basket delivery at around 19:00, so I wanted an easy supper that could be on the table at 18:00. I baked some frozen, breaded haddock and served it with pasta salad. I put enough vegis in the pasta salad that it counts as carb and veg.

Breaded haddock and pasta salad, Linda's plate.jpg

Breaded haddock and pasta salad.jpg

More leftovers. I had the last of the shrimp salad, tucking it into pieces of iceberg lettuce for little sandwiches, and tomato with Hawaiian black salt. Himself finished the chicken piccata. We are now officially out of leftovers! I don't get to say that often. [emoji38]
IMG_20210817_213229191.jpg

We had leftover Nixon's BBQ, potato chips, mom had slaw with hers and I had salad with mine. A change from her usual grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom