Official Dinner Thread for Tuesday the 21st ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I grilled some wings and tossed them with Buffalo sauce. We had Ranch potato salad with them.

What do you all have planned?

Attachments

• 2BE1F009-D0CA-4FC2-887E-51DB305564F2_1_201_a.jpg
    2BE1F009-D0CA-4FC2-887E-51DB305564F2_1_201_a.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 90
We had some cooked chorizo, that DH browned on the grill. It was delish. I made Dragon Lady noodles to go with that. They were also yummy. I just realized I learned about the Dragon Lady noodles here and I have been making them every once in a while for 10 years.

We had some cooked chorizo, that DH browned on the grill. It was delish. I made Dragon Lady noodles to go with that. They were also yummy. I just realized I learned about the Dragon Lady noodles here and I have been making them every once in a while for 10 years.

I fer sure have to make some Dragon Lady noodles soon! Thanks for the reminder. I know Sterling doesn't like shrimp but we sure enjoy them with the noodles.

SC had a dentist appointment today, so he picked up some Poke Bowls to have for our dinner.

Chef's salad here. Offerings from the garden included onions, pea pods, broccoli, radishes, tomatoes and lettuce. Not from the garden; pepper jack cheese, ham, hard cooked eggs, home made croutons and ranch dressing spiked with pesto.

Steamed pork belly buns. Salt pickled carrot and daikon, cilantro, peanuts, hoisin sauce, and some rather unconventional pickled watermelon rind. I fill the steamed lotus by s with the belly and hoisin, and we each add our own trimmings at the table.

Attachments

• 20200721_202851.jpg
    20200721_202851.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200721_202553.jpg
    20200721_202553.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 69
I just made another batch of lentil salad, with 5 c of halved cherry and grape tomatoes. I used that trick of putting the tomatoes between two lids of Chinese soup containers, and slicing between them - works great, and fast! I made a little more than last time - I had to eat a small amount of it, to fit it into the 4 qt bowl. Should last me a couple of days. ;)
4 qts of lentil salad. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

This is another one of those things I make in the Instant Pot all the time, since it saves putting all that heat into the AC. I use the slow cooker mode - set the channa dal for 70 min., then add the freekah, and cook another 40 min, then drain, rinse briefly, and drain completely, before adding remaining ingredients. I've used other grains (the recipe I based this on had leftover wild rice - also good), but the freekeh is my favorite.

It's amazing how much heat habaneros loose in the freezer, when frozen. Usually, one fresh habanero is too hot, for most people, but I have to put two frozen ones in, to get it hot enough for me - next batch should have fresh chocolate habs! Most other peppers lose some heat, but not nearly as much.

We had smothered baked potatoes. Yes, there really is a potato under all the ham, broccoli, and cheese (mozzarella AND cheddar). There isn't as much sour cream as it looks - it was plopped onto a hill of broccoli.

IMG_20200721_215931309_HDR.jpg

I fer sure have to make some Dragon Lady noodles soon! Thanks for the reminder. I know Sterling doesn't like shrimp but we sure enjoy them with the noodles.

SC had a dentist appointment today, so he picked up some Poke Bowls to have for our dinner.

The Poke Bowls we get from them are just outstanding for dinners and more than enough for leftover lunches the next day. They would be worth the 20 mi. round trip just to get them to our kitchen, and well worth the $13 each.

Attachments

• P7210060.jpg
    P7210060.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Cashew Chicken, Stir Fry Veggies, and Coconut Ginger Rice

Highlight of the plate was the cashews. I toasted them with a little bit of chili powder, turmeric, and honey. Then finished them with a dash of salt and lime zest when I took them off the heat. It was this really amazing sweet and salty crunch. :heart::heart::heart:

Attachments

• IMG_3032.jpg
    IMG_3032.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 63
Last night was a baked pasta dish using rigatoni. Basically a "lasagna" without pasta sheets. Made enough for dinner and breakfast with leftovers to freeze.

36788-albums1093-picture8371-jpg.43733

Back
Top Bottom