Official Dinner Thread for Tuesday the 4th, Feb. 2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easy Night !
Pork loin Chop, Pan-Seared, then Air Fried, Roasted Garlic Mash w/ Gravy, Dilled Carrots....

Pork Loin, Roasted Garlic Mash, Dilled Carrots.jpg

Roast from the knuckle, carrots, potatoes and onions. Sauce is the marinade for the beef. All cooked via sous vide at various times , with potatoes finished in oven with olive oil to crisp.

Attachments

• 2020-02-04 17.58.27.jpg
    2020-02-04 17.58.27.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 72
What, no soups on national soup day?:LOL:

I had a soup, using some butternut, because I found a bad spot starting on one of my squash when I checked them over (which I do every couple weeks). Only a very small spot, so little was lost, and I still have about 1 1/2 c of it left after the soup! I made a Thai curry based soup (I had a bunch of lime leaves to use, because I trimmed a large branch off of one of my plants), to which I added some red lentils and jasmine rice.

Tomorrow, I'll have to make some more Thai Curry paste - I used the end of it (actually, I still have about 3/4 c of the green in the freezer), and I never let myself run out of it, usually having two different reds on hand. And that reminds me of a new (to me) pepper - the Indian Byadagi, which has an aroma of a really good Numex chile - which I said, the first time I smelled it, that I would try in a Thai curry paste, to see how it works out.

Taco Tuesday here in the Middle Of The Desert ;)
I grilled some Carne Asada that was on sale at Sprouts $5.99/lb :ohmy:
I can't even buy Flank Steak for less than $8.99/lb
… pix to follow …

IMG_5390.jpg

MMM :yum:
I diced up the Carne Asada as well as some Avocado, Onions and lettuce.
I also toasted the locally sourced Flour Tortilla on the grill.
DH's taco has sliced radish rather than the Avo :wub:

Soup was here tonight Pepperhead...

Last night we ate up all the Goyza dumplings in the Asian soup, so the leftover broth with all the veggies was repurposed tonight with Udon noodles, shredded chicken from the freezer along with sliced hard cooked egg on top. Soooo good again.

Great dinners here tonight gang!

I had a salami and cheese sandwich with a few garlic olives on the side. DH had pea soup and meat loaf on rugbrød (Danish heavy rye bread).

Back
Top Bottom