Official Dinner Thread for Tuesday the 7th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
A local supermarket had a sale on scallops so we grabbed a pound for dinner tonight. SO made a tossed salad to go with the scallops.

Attachments

• 6CA21BFB-285E-4506-A9F9-8A5E4A080348_1_105_c.jpg
    6CA21BFB-285E-4506-A9F9-8A5E4A080348_1_105_c.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 69
Pizza!

Took photo with iPhone, emailed it to me, moved it to a photo file, now will see if I can find it.

Seem to be having some technical difficulties!

Another try...

Wow, that's a lot of work to get a photo of dinner

Attachments

• IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I had some of the chicken left from last night's meal and a hard cooked egg on crisp rye bread. Couldn't manage more because both I and DH have migraines. He had the rest of the three cheese tortellini salad with charcuterie and the leftover macaroni with garlic scape pesto.

Beth, when you take a photo with your iPhone it automatically goes to your Photos app. Using your iPhone, select ‘reply’ to respond to a post and then touch the paper clip icon. That will take you to your Photos app. Select the photo you just took and proceed with your reply.

Google does that too. I never bothered setting anything up on DC to pull photos from there because it's easy to do photo posts right from my phone.

No dinner photo tonight. Himself went out to pick up a Pu-Pu for one and a combo (basically another Pu-Pu platter except one item was fried rice) and it wasn't photogenic. However, a photo of my freshly groomed front garden is, so I'll show it off!

IMG_20200707_205423285_HDR.jpg

Beth, when you take a photo with your iPhone it automatically goes to your Photos app. Using your iPhone, select ‘reply’ to respond to a post and then touch the paper clip icon. That will take you to your Photos app. Select the photo you just took and proceed with your reply.

ummm, I have never intentionally done anything with apps. Don't know where they are or how to get them or how to use them. Do I automatically have a photo app?

okay, reading your post "Using your iPhone, select ‘reply’ to respond to a post". Don't know how to get iPhone involved with DC.

Last edited:
So you use DC on a computer. There is an app for DC on your phone.

Quick question. Is your computer a Apple product too?

The scallops, Pizza and garden all look great to me!

We had fun putting dinner together tonight. The other day, SC found another bargain on 2" Rib Eye steaks ($5.77lb) and I worked my knife magic (thanks Dad) to turn the four of them into four Cowgirl Steaks, and four beautiful "Cap Steaks".

Dinner tonight was "Cap Steaks" fried on all sides and highly seasoned, topped with Mushroom and Red Wine Sauce by Jeff Mauro. (Excellent as instructed)
The sides were zucchini spiraled and seasoned with Singapore Seasoning, butter and salt cooked till just crisp tender. Mini baked potatoes with the works completed the meal. I'm happy we have enough saved and packed away in individual casseroles for another meal. Win Win.

I'm ready for a movie for the rest of the evening, maybe with some ice cream.

Attachments

• P7070050.jpg
    P7070050.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
oh my gosh Kayelle! that looks AND sounds scrumptious! Those scallops are burning holes in my eyes too!

Made this many times but for some reason last night was extraordinary - don't know what was different.
Stir fried chicken (velveted), mushrooms, scallions, red pepper, white sauce served over rice and topped with stalks of asparagus. (well, a few stalks, I ate most of them while stir frying :()

Sorry, no pic - I actually started everything around 6 pm but didn't actually eat until 8:30. Maybe that's why it was so good, I was really tired and hungry.

Does anyone else suffer from vivid, intense dreams if they eat late in the evening? Not necessarily 'nightmares' but extremely intense?

Back
Top Bottom