Official Dinner Thread Friday the 11th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Empanadas!

12076A11-4182-46CA-A1E4-4A4E501A5603_1_105_c.jpg

Or maybe ¡Empanadas! [emoji1]

We have another fine inventory of leftovers. I had half of the chicken barley stew and was full. Himself will finish it off.

lol, Hyperforeignism is not a debate that ends well.

Spanglish has changed all of that.

Last edited:
I had homemade sausage bread for lunch.

sausage_bread_021122_2_img_9281-jpg.47957

We had pan fried cube steak, mashed potatoes and steamed baby spinach (no picture).

Oh man, That looks good, mofet. Did you make the dough?

Could you post a recipe, please?

Oh man, That looks good, mofet. Did you make the dough?

Could you post a recipe, please?
Thank you BT. Yes, I made the dough in a bread maker. Kneading by hand is no fun anymore. :( I only use the dough cycle, never cooked a loaf in the machine. I used to love kneading 7 lbs. of flour into dough by hand. :( It was relaxing.

I'll write up the bread machine dough recipe as soon as I can.

Do you have a bread machine or a stand mixer?

We ordered Chinese food: cashew chicken, beef and broccoli, and vegi fried rice. It was good and we have plenty of leftovers.

I had leftover fried rice that contained chopped green onion, water chestnuts, and hoisin sauce, that I combined with leftover browned ground beef, and fresh sugar snap peas, with a glass of almond milk. I just tried the almond milk for the first time. IMHO, Rice Dream rice milk tasted much nicer. I'm going to have to doctor the almond milk to improve the taste. It is a bit creamier than is rice milk though. A slice of leftover spice/apple dump cake heated in the microwave made a tasty desert.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thank you BT. Yes, I made the dough in a bread maker. Kneading by hand is no fun anymore. :( I only use the dough cycle, never cooked a loaf in the machine. I used to love kneading 7 lbs. of flour into dough by hand. :( It was relaxing.

I'll write up the bread machine dough recipe as soon as I can.

Do you have a bread machine or a stand mixer?

Yes, I have a bread machine

We were in the leftovers group. Leftover Rabbit Stew but as a Soup (all the rabbit was gone, ;)) That soup was amazing! Still can't get over it.
Grandson had Drumsticks. We all polished of some Garlic Bread and Onion Scones. Delish

I'm going to have to re-try using the big food processor for kneading. I originally got the big one just to do dough but was never satisfied. Went back to my hands, but now... think I will have to try again as even the standing required is painful. :(

Back
Top Bottom