Oh, BOY! Friday Again! Dinner? 1/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
BBQ Boneless Wings, Air Tots, Portobello Bap under Cheddar & Bacon Bits, Succotash...

Chicken Wings, Boneless.jpg

Pizza from our favorite place that has wood fired ovens. Margherita with garlic for me and meatball for Craig. They served as lunch and dinner.

I made Chef John's Italian White Bean and Sausage Stew. I consider it more of a hearty soup. It was really delicious. I made it with rainbow chard instead of kale. One of these days I will have to try making it with kale. I served it with wholegrain wheat baguette, Pecorino Romano, and some really nice Portuguese EVOO for finishing. We had white wine with that. It was possibly too delicious. I'm stuffed, but I want more. :rolleyes: :yum:

Attachments

• PXL_20210122_234835605 small.jpg
    PXL_20210122_234835605 small.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 43
Wow, that's a tough act for me to follow, taxy!

My eye doctor and I are working on getting my right eye a proper contact lens, so it was an easy meal today after a late appointment. I had picked up hot dogs at the store yesterday, but didn't think of buns. We had two Grands biscuits left, so I split them, grilled American cheese on them, added bacon, and topped off with hot dogs steamed in beer. Leftover potato salad formed a dam to hold the grape tomatoes, and homemade dill pickle halves finished the plate. Canned baked beans on the side.
IMG_20210122_212136523_HDR.jpg

You guys are making me hungry for tater tots now :LOL:

Tonight I'm taking the easy way out. Having a Freschetta Hawaiian pizza.

After a not so great work week, I was seeking something new to make. K-Girl posted a video of a Kamaboko Dip. Since I had not heard of two of the ingredients, I decided to make it.

So, I had kamaboko dip and crackers for an appetizer. Then used leftover rice and shrimp to make shrimp fried rice. I had to pick up two of the ingredients at the Asian market so also got some fresh bean sprouts and small cucumbers. I made spicy bean sprouts as one side and a cucumber salad with sesame dressing for the other.

I loved the dip! The fried rice was tasty. I also liked the cucumber salad, but should have opted for something without sesame in it as the other side had toasted sesame oil in it. Anyway, I would happily make any of these items again.

Attachments

• 2021-01-22.jpg
    2021-01-22.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 59
I had some Alaskan weathervane scallops. Marinated them a while in oil, lemon, seasonings. Grilled on the griddle on my range.

Served over risotto with peas and mushrooms, and the regular ingredients.

Attachments

• 20210122_191827.jpg
    20210122_191827.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I made a sausage and white bean soup, too! It also has onions, garlic, bell peppers, a little sauerkraut and homemade chicken stock. I made dinner rolls to go alongside.
2021-01-23-08-31-24.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom