Oh, the HORROR!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Oh, my gosh. THE HORROR!!!

How could she?!?!?!?! I mean, it just isn't.......natural!

She.............put................KETCHUP!

In the Spanish Rice!!!!! :sick:

I don't like ketchup to start with, so putting it on anything is a nightmare in my book!

me too. Love tomato sauces, soups, concasses, raw, you name it, but ketchup is too sweet and full of corn syrup these days.

I love ketchup, but only on burgers/fries sometimes/and in making sauces such as cocktail sauce or seafood sauce plus always use it in the making of 1000 Island dressing which we adore..........sorry, I know, so cheesey!:LOL:
I watched a Michael Chiarello show once where he made his ketchup from scratch. Bet it was good but I can't bother with all that work just for the outcome of ketchup.

now someone please start the what's for dinner thread, I NEED INSPIRATION;)

Personally I think ketchup should be made illegal! I was allergic to anything tomato as a kid and never developed taste for ketchup. I will eat most anything else tomato now with no reaction but keep that bottled slime away from me. DH puts in on EVERYTHING!

OH HECK YEAH.. i like ketchup on me eggs and lots of other stuff. with rice it aint to bad. i just did that the other day. in the fridge was some rice and potatoes and i took it to work and saw my ketchup packets and was like Shoot dang son. i like ketcup or hienz 57 on my burritos.

Ketchup is magic sauce in my house..it disguises carrots, green beans and other lovelies from my childrens' picky stares.

My magic sauce growing up was soy sauce because of my tomato allergy. I think I mentioned in another thread that my Mom used to put it on my scrambled eggs as eggs is something I WISH I was allergic too!

I don't especially like ketchup on anything but fries, however I have found it make a pretty good substitute in cooking. Like when a recipes calls for tomato sauce and you don't have any. Also, good as a glaze on meatloaf (mix a cup of ketchup with 1/4 cup honey - heat 30 seconds in microwave, stir and put on top of meatloaf when start baking)

When I splurge and get an egg McMuffin (I know, bad! bad! bad!) I HAVE to have ketchup or I'll die. Fries, ketchup and mayo mixed. I've had people look at me like I was crazy when I'm at McDonalds, order nuggets and fries and ask for mayo. I actually had a person at the counter ask what I wanted the mayo for... :LOL:

Mayo, ketchup and bbq sauce are on everything from burgers to hot dogs to fried bologna sandwiches. Mustard... keep that awful stuff away from me... I'm not even going to tell you what it tastes like to me :sick:

So... I can understand someone putting something on a food that others would cringe at :chef:

I guess that made your dish "Mystery Spanish Rice." :chef:

When you don't have tomato sauce it's best to sub with food coloring! :-p

But I wouldn't sub it in salsa.........:sick:

Back
Top Bottom