OK - I cheated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe we're old and set in our ways? :huh: :LOL: You know I'm cooking from my inventory, so that's my personal "game". Hmm, maybe we should do freezer diving and see who can come up with the oldest raw ingredient?

Hmmmm 7days in a week, 3 meals a day = 21 meals a week. Couldn't you spare one of those meals to play my game? :rolleyes: They don't call you "Cooking Goddess" for no reason. ;)

Like CG, around here, breakfast and lunch are "get your own".

I'm interested in seeing what other people do with the game. I don't have a lot of spoons and it's hard to guess when I have enough to actually cook. I probably won't have enough spoons for brand new recipes, except simple sides or sauces.

I'm interested in seeing what other people do with the game. I don't have a lot of spoons and it's hard to guess when I have enough to actually cook. I probably won't have enough spoons for brand new recipes, except simple sides or sauces.

Hi, forgive me, I don't understand what spoons have to do with it. Does spoons mean something else in Canada?

I'm in the same boat. DH is gone to work before I get up in the morning, he generally doesn't have time to come home for lunch (we sometimes meet for lunch but rarely), and I cook dinner probably 4-5 times a week.

I'm looking at the ingredient list for the spicy orange chicken I want to make and I'm just not feeling up to it. So it will have to wait and I'll make something easy and familiar tonight.

Last edited:
Taxlady and GG, please help me come up with an idea for you two ladies so you can join in. I would so love to get to know you both. I think we have so much in common.

How about you both be judges. So far, I am the only one playing, so not much to judge lol, but if/when it picks up, you might have a lot more recipes to judge. How does that sound? Or if you have a better idea, please post it.;)

Taxlady and GG, please help me come up with an idea for you two ladies so you can join in. I would so love to get to know you both. I think we have so much in common.

How about you both be judges. So far, I am the only one playing, so not much to judge lol, but if/when it picks up, you might have a lot more recipes to judge. How does that sound? Or if you have a better idea, please post it.;)

OK, another idea. How about instead of picking a recipe out of your cookbook for that week, you all just tell us all about your cookbook?

I watch my sister-in-law try to live with lupus. So I understand completely. The Lupus finally won out. She ran out of spoons.
Addie, my heart goes out to you also. It is so heart-warming to see such warm and understanding people here. Knowing what our fellow members are going or have gone through makes it much easier to understand what they post here.

Addie, my heart goes out to you also. It is so heart-warming to see such warm and understanding people here. Knowing what our fellow members are going or have gone through makes it much easier to understand what they post here.

She had a cleaning lady come in three times a week. One day I was at her home when the cleaning lady wasn't coming. She spilt something on the rug. So I got out her vacuum and went to work. I decided to vacuum the whole room. Why not. I was there and I was helping her. I pulled out a chair so I could get that area done. She was amazed. Her cleaning lady had never done that in any part of the room. So I ended up going to her home more often and did the work for nothing. And I didn't mind a bit. I would always be taking my son and she got to play with him. It was a win/win time for both of us.

In our house I cook more like 6 meals a week. Breakfast is "get your own", neither of us bother with lunch, and we have leftovers at least once a week.

CG, that sounds like here, pretty much. :) I have eggs in some form and toast, or cereal and fruit for breakfast. I don't usually have lunch since I have dinner early, but I have a small snack or two during the day. I'd guess I probably actually make dinner maybe 3 or 4 times a week, but I make planned leftovers and either have them as they were, or remake it into something else. :chef:

Here's that darn reminder again. Do you see what tomorrow is? :yum:

Jan. 27 - Nat'l Chocolate Cake Day
Jan. 28 - Nat'l Blueberry Pancake Day
Jan. 29 - Nat'l Corn Chip Day
Jan. 30 - Nat'l Croissant Day
Jan. 31 - Let's make this our own Nat'l Day. How about Nat'l Favorite Spice Day?

I did the one today...well, almost. Didn't have any peanuts (except those little foodaver packets I keep in the freezer, of chopped peanuts for Thai foods), so I made some amaranth brittle (using popped amaranth). My favorite nut to use is hazelnuts, with macadamia a close second. I have often made sesame brittle, too.
Amaranth brittle, cooling. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Amaranth Brittle by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Not sure if I will make a chocolate cake tomorrow, though I would love to! And I have a number of favs to choose from, just nobody to share it with (any of these would require a good number of people to share it with!).

Dave, that looks so good.

How about making chocolate cupcakes and cutting the recipe in half? OR you could make a cake and take it to my sis-in-law out on Long Island. Oh sorry, DH said that is too far away from you. So much for playing match maker. lol

Hmmmm...That's an idea, cookieee. I've never done it, but maybe I could make one of those flourless chocolate cakes (my favorites), and make cupcakes with the batter. Those cakes freeze well (though I only rarely had any leftovers!), so the cupcakes would freeze well. However, since I can always hear leftover brownies calling me from the next room, I wonder if I would be able to hear these, even though they'd be in the freezer, and in the basement. lol

Hmmmm...That's an idea, cookieee. I've never done it, but maybe I could make one of those flourless chocolate cakes (my favorites), and make cupcakes with the batter. Those cakes freeze well (though I only rarely had any leftovers!), so the cupcakes would freeze well. However, since I can always hear leftover brownies calling me from the next room, I wonder if I would be able to hear these, even though they'd be in the freezer, and in the basement.

:LOL: Dave, from my experience, chocolate calls so loud that people in the next county hears it. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom