OK - I cheated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello and Happy NATIONAL CABBAGE DAY everyone.

DH has a recipe from his mother (no title) using Bratwurst and Red Cabbage that he want's to make today. Will give a review tonight.

Who else is planning on clearing the room tonight? :LOL:

Hello and Happy NATIONAL CABBAGE DAY everyone.

DH has a recipe from his mother (no title) using Bratwurst and Red Cabbage that he want's to make today. Will give a review tonight.

Who else is planning on clearing the room tonight? :LOL:

My mistake. His mother's recipe was on how to cook the Bratwurst only. DH bought a jar of Red Cabbage. I would give everything a "good" rating.

I had some coleslaw today. One of those tiny cups that delis throw in with a sandwich.

Freshly made is OK, but I think they only spend 1 day a month filling those little cups with coleslaw, then dole them out as the moon changes phases.

So, check. I did my cabbage duty, although it was almost fermented.

You may not want to follow me around tonight if you're short.

Some more heads up for the rest of February:

Hey BAKERS :chef: There's a couple of good days coming up for you. ;)

Feb. 20 - National CHERRY PIE day

Feb. 22 - National MARGARITA day (that's a Fri:w00t::w00t:) also
National cook a SWEET POTATO day

Feb. 23 - National BANANA BREAD day

Feb. 24 - National TORTILLA CHIP day-(yes, you can bring your margarita) lol

Feb. 27 - National KAHLUA day - (you should be through with your margaritas by now) also
National STRAWBERRY DAY (oh, that should go good in your kahlua)

Feb. 28 - National CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE day and
National CHILI day (I've heard of chocolate in chili, haven't you? lol)

Last edited:
I'm giving you a heads up tonight, so you will have time to go to the liquor store and get what you need for........

Friday---------NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY

OKOK it's also Nat'l cook a Sweet Potato Day.

(Would it go good with a Margarita?) lol

Last edited:
Well, we have the stuff for the Margarita's, but not sure what to have with them. I guess it will be anything with a lot of cheese. :rolleyes:

DH and I were just discussing dinner. We have had chicken breast thawing in the frig. for a couple of days now. Had a good recipe we wanted to use but life got in the way. Now we are on a hunt for something Mexican to do with them also. Good luck to you and us. :yum:

DH and I were just discussing dinner. We have had chicken breast thawing in the frig. for a couple of days now. Had a good recipe we wanted to use but life got in the way. Now we are on a hunt for something Mexican to do with them also. Good luck to you and us. :yum:
DH went to the local Mexican restaurant and brought home guac. and salsa/chips. Made Margaritas, fixed the chicken (used our taco spices) grilled it, and it was the best chicken in a long time.

Haven't made banana bread for years. Used to make a banana coconut bread for a lady I knew, but nothing since then. Never was a big fan of it, though the coconut made it good for me.

Back
Top Bottom