Ole' what's on the menu today 8-26-17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter invited me over to her and her SO's new condo tonight for dinner...
It's so sweet when they grow up, isn't it Steve? *sniff* :cry: You taught her well.

Well, we weren't boring and we didn't stay at home. After shopping for shoes, or attempting to (what? you close at 8:00 PM? guess we need to go back...), plus hitting Aldi and Marc's (a local grocery/pharmacy/what's-it store), we decided to grab something-and-beer at a local "chain" (four pubs) called "Hooley House". It's run by friends of ours from our church parish back home, and they run a pretty darned good establishment. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet up with Colleen this time...

Himself got a patty melt with french fries. I got a portabella and swiss burger with Tater Tots. We each had a beer. See what happens when our daughter isn't around to chaperone! :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170826_215207.jpg
    20170826_215207.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 118
Peach Balsamic Chicken, steamed baby spinach and Farro Salad. It was a first run of the Peach Balsamic Chicken and the Farro Salad.

The Farro salad was really good. I picked up the Farro at Trader Joe's awhile ago and thought it would go good with this chicken dish.

The Peach Balsamic Chicken was from a recipe card my DD got from work. It needs some tweaking. It called for fire roasted tomatoes which overpowered the other ingredients. I have a few ideas to rework this recipe. We may try it again next week.

View attachment 27672

View attachment 27673

You had me @ Peach Balsamic Chicken... :yum:
I'd like to know the results of reworking it..

Ross

We went for an amazing brunch with TB's parents to celebrate his birthday. We both threw our diet restrictions to the wind. It was so good.

The end result was we weren't feeling like having food for the rest of the day. I had gluten free toast and TB had cereal (also GF) just before bed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom