OMG! I just learned about Gorgonzola Butter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherifffruitfly

Senior Cook
It sounds like the most wonderful substance EVAH! Anybody happen to know where you can get it in Seattle?

Can't you make your own with room temperature butter and
gorgonzola cheese? Don't know the ratio, mix until you like the
taste? Then refrigerate or freeze and enjoy when you want.

THat's right. Just soften butter and crumble any blue cheese into it. Mix, form it into a presentable shape and chill or freeze.

Compound butters are usually shaped into a roll like a sausage. Place the mixture onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper and roll it up and twist the ends tight.

I make mine with the addition of a little red wine, and a dash of liquid smoke, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce...adds nice depth to the cheese.

It sounds like the most wonderful substance EVAH! Anybody happen to know where you can get it in Seattle?

Seattle is one of the best food lover's cities in the world. I lived in Issaquah for a few months and I was able to get gorgonzola in any Italian specialty market. Those shops carry imported gorgonzola from Italy so you know you're getting good stuff. You can also get it in some of the shops at Pikes Market. Gorgonzola Dolce is sweeter and I don't like it as well, but you might want to try a small piece and see what you think. Gorgonzola sauce over pasta for gnocchi is to die for.

Just realized you were asking about gorgonzola butter. You can make it by softening butter and adding gorgonzola cheese. Roll it up into a log and slice off what you want after freezing it OR do what I do. Make little balls and freeze those in a zip loc bag. Voila. Done.

Back
Top Bottom