OMG One of the best things I've ever had

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
About 3:30 today i was kind in a quandary about what to make for dinner. Its one of those days where you can't just decide what sounds good. Then i use some things from the garden because this time of year there is plenty to choose from. So i came up with this wild pizza that was so dang good i think i'm going to make it next weekend.

I have been looking for achiote paste around where i live for awhile. I have not been able to find it. Last weekend i was able to find this achiote packets. They seem to be about the same thing its in a powder like form instead of a paste. Its called sazon or something like that i think. I have never tried achiote before and i was like well why don't i use some of it. Since achiote is mexican i decided to make a mexican inspired pizza like no other.

Anyways this is what i came up with

Step 1:
Went out in the garden and picked a bunch of roma tomatoes. Fire roasted them under the broiler and put them into the blender with garlic & salt to make a sauce.

Step 2:
Made basic pizza dough with oregano, cumin, and garlic powder.

Step 3:
Defrosted some boneless chicken breast. I made a marinade of 3 packets of the sazon, juice from one lime, tablespoon of olive oil, and 1/2 orange habanero from the garden. I put about 1/2 the marinade on the chicken and reserved 1/2.

Step 4:
I started the charcoal grill and used a little mesquite. Grilled the chicken breast. I also grilled a large sweet onion. I chopped up both.

Step 5:
I stretched the pizza dough and then put on my roasted tomato sauce, chicken, onions, and cojack cheese. I baked it at 550 for about 10 minutes on a pizza stone.

I then sliced it and drizzled a little more of the marinade, a little lime juice, and some roasted avacodo cream that i had around (yes i roast everything :) ).

This is one of the best dang things ive ever ate. The flavor was complex but not to complex. No one flavor overpowered the dish. I think this is going to be a stable for me. Ive made so many pizzas with different combinations of toppings and nothing has compared to this. 1/2 habanero in the marinade was just the right amount of heat. You could taste the fruity tones in the hab without it being to hot to totally kill any taste.

Well i thought this was too good not to pass along. Yes it takes a lot of work but i think it was well worth it. Of course you could reduce the time it takes by not doing every step (ect. the roasted tomato sauce).

If anyone is interested i did take some pictures and would be willing to post them. Just let me know.

Ncage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom