On the menu for Oct. 22 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a deconstructed ratatouille mixed into baked gnocci with chopped up sausages.

Baked off oiled, chopped courgettes and, below that, some sausages and chopped onions in an oven dish. At the halfway stage I added the gnocci to the sausage along with fennel seeds, garlic and chopped red pepper a + baby plum tomatoes. Combined it all together when done.

I thought of taking a pic but not sure how attractive it looked. The flavours were great!

Cuban sandwiches using some of the pork roast from last week.:yum:

I floured up and browned some chicken thighs and used the drippings to saute' some onion, mushrooms and celery. Made a thin gravy with flour and chicken broth and poured the gravy over a bed of Stove Top Stuffing with the chicken on the top, and more gravy over the chicky. It's now baking at 350 degrees and Steve is making the
glorified salads.

I had the Bangers and Mash, Shrek had the Fish and Chips. I have decided the onion gravy only lacked a straw to slurp it up with. We brought home a slice of Guinness Chocolate Cake to share.

...I'll probably made some sort of soup as a prelude. Cauliflower is easy, but I have a taste for onion soup. I like the onions nicely caramelized...
I decided on the onion soup, sliced and started to cook the onions down, and found out my onions must have been the juiciest ones on the planet! I cooked and cooked, and it still looked like they were swimming in milky water. Took over an hour to get them golden enough to make me happy. Meanwhile, I left the onions on their own and got the cheesy cauliflower soup made and ladled out. It was yummy with the BLTs.

I had the Bangers and Mash, Shrek had the Fish and Chips. I have decided the onion gravy only lacked a straw to slurp it up with. We brought home a slice of Guinness Chocolate Cake to share.
Sounds yummy. Actually,that's what Himself and I order often when we go to our favorite Irish pub. Only difference is I would have had the Guinness and Himself would have enjoyed a Smithwick's. :huh: Actually, those are the two beer cases we have in the basement right now.

Sounds yummy. Actually,that's what Himself and I order often when we go to our favorite Irish pub. Only difference is I would have had the Guinness and Himself would have enjoyed a Smithwick's. :huh: Actually, those are the two beer cases we have in the basement right now.

I'm not really a hoppy person...:LOL:

Hopping makes the slippers fly off...that and we really can't afford that type of stress on the tectonic plates this close to Yellowstone...

I never thought of Guinness as being hoppy. I don't like any of the "bitter" beers.

Himself once referred to Guinness as the only beer he thought you could chew. :LOL:

That's how Shrek describes it, too.

As for hoppy...'twas a play on words. I dislike beer, never acquired a taste for it.

Same here, MC. But I have bottles to use when I'm cooking. Every once in a while I might consume one straight, but I prefer sipping on wine late in the evening, so I save my "glass of" for then.

Back
Top Bottom