On The Menu Tuesday 6/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled NY Strip, Chopped Collards, Buttered Corn with 'Shrooms, Salad with Ranch ...

NY Strip, Collards, Corn & 'shrooms.jpg

We just finished up the last of the gumbo in the freezer, gumbo z'herbes for me and Craig's gator gumbo.

We'll draw from our Sunday leftovers. So far I had some tabouli and a hot dog. Later I'll be sauteing onions and mushrooms for doctoring up the burgers. Bacon and onion for Himself, mushroom Swiss for me.

Chicken wings on the grill, Thai pickled cucumbers and a tossed salad. P.S. the cukes and the salad were not a good combo.

Tonight was BBQ Turkey breast, baked sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, and mac n cheese. 20200616_203724.jpg

Dinner was Buckaroo Burritos -- spiffed up canned refried beans, cheese, layer rice, spiced ground beef, salsa, cilantro, more cheese. Rolled, then dry fried on all sides in a cast iron pan, so like fat quesadillas. More salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side. i was prepared to eat two, but luckily only ate one.

Last edited:
Made a white gravy in which I heated slices of turkey (precooked from Aldi). Mashed potatoes and green beans were sides.

Baked a small cake for dessert.

Ross

I made a good casserole with chicken/mushrooms/Stove Top Stuffing with tasty gravy mixed in and on top. Loaded green salad was on the side. Souschef just loves jazzed up stuffing so he was a really happy camper.

Last edited:
We had four ears of corn in the fridge and a lot of rain in the forecast (we like to grill it) and the new Cooks Illustrated Magazine has a recipe for corn risotto :idea: I decided to do a kitchen project for the rainy afternoon, because that recipe is a project. Cut the corn off the cob, purée it in the blender with hot water and push it through a sieve to get corn essence. And that's just the beginning [emoji38]

I also decided to make a version of shrimp and grits to go with the corn risotto. Because grits are made with corn, right? ;) I had some Mexican chorizo in the freezer found lots of different ways to make it - with or without bell peppers, with or without tomatoes, with or without white sauce (the Charleston way) ... So I used onion, garlic bell peppers, a can of diced tomatoes, drained, and cooked the veggies in the fat left from cooking the chorizo. Served it with homemade watermelon rind pickles on the side, garnished with broiled corn. Yum.
20200616_200822.jpg

It is pizza night. We moved it from Monday to Wednesday because TB teaches on Wednesday so it is an easier meal to eat (and if I pre-prep to make).

Nothing special tonight. I just prep a bunch of toppings and we make our own pizzas as we like. I make gluten-free pizza shells and just keep them in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom