Opening Day Dinner Monday the 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
The Red Sox are playing baseball for real once again, the sun is shining and all's right with the world.

Dinner tonight will be a ground beef and potato casserole with a side of string beans.

I had a huge salad about half an hour ago and since it's 3 now, I'm just going to call that dinner.

I didn't mean for it to end up so big. :LOL: It started out just romaine and mixed spring greens, but by the time I added cucumber, carrots, celery, radishes, onion, red cabbage, diced ham, shredded cheese, hard cooked egg and croutons, I had to put it in a bigger bowl to be able to mix in the dressing. Really good, though. :yum:

The Red Sox are starting out strong, the Dodgers have tied up the ball game, ... and it looks like the Twins have a very looong season ahead. Yikes.

I made a new pot of Italian red sauce today along with a separate pan of Italian meatballs. I put a few MB in the sauce for tonight's dinner. Spaghetti.

I also baked a loaf of banana bread today.

Texas Rangers don't start until 9:05pm tonight due to playing in Oakland. I'm really hoping my Rangers have a better season in 2015. Last year was abysmal.

We're going to have a simple dinner tonight so that we can watch the game. I'm thinking grilled ham & cheese sammies on seeded rye bread sounds good.

I love baseball season! Can't wait to go to a few games and root the team on in person.

Happy Baseball season to all the baseball fans!:cool:

We ordered from Mr. Falafel. As usual, very yummy. Regular order: one falafel plate and one combo (chicken and beef) plate. Hummus! Tabbouleh! Pickled turnips! Roast potatoes! nomnomnom.

We were not hungry after yesterday's Easter brunch, so the saved out cheesy hash brown's casserole was adorned tonight with browned sausage patties and pan fried onion rings, then cooked in the toaster oven. We also had steamed broccolini for the mandatory "something green". Darn good dinner! :yum:

The Red Sox are playing baseball for real once again, the sun is shining and all's right with the world.

Dinner tonight will be a ground beef and potato casserole with a side of string beans.

And I thought you were talking about something important, like trout season, or Tiger's baseball.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Play Ball! (Did you hear me, Tribe? PLAY ball!) Still going to "play" fantasy baseball and say "THIS might be the year we win the World Series!" I'm going to need more beer.....

Attachments

• 2015-04-06 20.57.06.jpg
    2015-04-06 20.57.06.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 208
Burrata and sliced heirloom tomatoes, S and P and lightly drizzled with a good balsamic for an appy/salad. Absolute Heaven! Then just a simple pasta with fresh plum tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, olive oil.

Truer words have never been spoken. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only rabid baseball fan in DC. :cool:

I have one response to that, Fly Fishing! Though I enjoy Tiger Baseball too. You do know that they trounced the Twins on their opening day.:D

But just as I believe that everyone has free choice to love the baseball team that they choose, I wish all of your teams good luck, and hope that one day, baseball will again be about the fun game, rather than making owners and players rich.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

...I'm glad to hear I'm not the only rabid baseball fan in DC. :cool:
Rabid? I'm so bad I need shots! :ermm: :LOL: Cleveland Indians fan here.
logo_indians.png
Some summers seem longer than others (sub-.500), others ARE longer than others (playoffs). No matter which, they are all FUN because they are baseball!

"Tiger Baseball too. You do know that they trounced the Twins on their opening day."

I dunno Chief. The Tigers may have stomped on And beat the pants off the Twins, But I think that is short of saying trounced! :ermm::ohmy::wacko: (Have to leave a little wiggle room in case they Really get whooped.) :LOL:

Fun Fact: New this year. You can ride the Light rail city to city --Twins baseball stadium on one end of the line and a new stadium opening in St Paul for the St Paul Saints (independent pro team)at the other end. In Mpls the Main Farmer's Market is within walking distance of the stadium and the Old St Paul Farmer's market is located right when you step off the train. Either way, have to go to one of them before game time and hope my Veggies don' wilt while enjoying a game.

Last edited:
Fore the months from April through October, there is baseball. Not much else matters.

Sorry to hear you're a Tigers fan.

The Tigers are above 600 and are in second place in their division. The Red Sox are above 500 and are ins second place in their division. But the Tigers average is above the number one team in the Red Sox's division. Sorry to hear your a Boston fan.

And so, how are the Bruins doing. The Red Wings can wrap up against the Lightning on Monday, in Detroit. Heh heh

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom