Pizza Pizza! (Jan 14, 2006)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I had to roll myself back to the computer..Yummy, the onions were heaven, the crusta turned out well and was nice and crisp. DH, is now napping he was starved by the time they were ready..I had to throw him out of the kitchen,kept opening the oven door to see if they were done yet????:ROFLMAO: I tasted his with the meats and I liked it, but I think I liked mine with just the 4 kinds of onions and cheese better...

this was fun what's next:LOL:

kadesma

I don't know what's next, I guess it's up to the first person with an idea.
If it's you kadesma, be gentle:LOL: I know how you cook!!

cara said:
does anybody have a yeast dough recipe for a single person??
I'm home alone this weekend.... what do you think, would Chilli con Carne be tasty on pizza?:cool:
still have leftovers from yesterday...

Years ago, when I was learning to cook, I made an individual pizza in a small rectangular metal pan using crescent roll dough. Not sure if you have the refrigerated crescent dough out your way, cara. It came out surprisingly good. Hopefully, I still have the recipe I clipped and saved it in a loose leaf binder. The recipe is probably yellow by now. This will probably sound like an odd combo, but it was yummy. From memory:

tuna
sauteed green peppers and onions
mozzarella cheese
lots of black pepper

There may have been other ingredients, but don't recall at the moment. I could try to locate the recipe if anyone is interested.

Re making pizza at home - Recall hearing somewhere, you can use unglazed ceramic tiles (from a home improvement store for less than $1) in place of a pizza stone. Anyone try it?

texasgirl said:
I don't know what's next, I guess it's up to the first person with an idea.
If it's you kadesma, be gentle:LOL: I know how you cook!!
If anybody has an idea, just post it in this forum. I had alot of fun and I can't wait for someone to suggest another virtual meal! Kadesma? Texasgirl? I'm game for anything posted by anyone.:chef:

Recipes and pictures are stongly encouraged in this forum.:cool:

How did everyone else do? Pictures please...:mrgreen:

Ummmm, no pictures, the guy's jumped in faster than I could get them cooked. :eek:) Plus, I honestly didn't think about it. I will next time though.

MJ,
I'm drooling with your pizza!

Alix,
Thanks for getting us started on this fun dinner! It was sort of all of us cooking together in the kitchen. Just wish it was actually happening. Let's all do this again soon.

Our pizzas turned out great. I made 4 personal size ones and a mini one for my toddler. Hehe! Cute! My pizza dough is more like a calzone dough, I pull and stretch it till I get the size I want and let it rise just a bit before baking. It's soft and a bit chewy, sort of like hand tossed pizza texture. It's 9:00 p.m. here so I'll check who's at the cafe now! Happy eating everyone.

Last edited:
Ours were WONDERFUL!!! And we have left overs for tomorrow!!
We took some photos.. but I don't know how to get them from the camera to here....

I must admit, I had my Chilli leftovers...:rolleyes:
thought about going to get some frozen dough, but I was too lazy to go shopping for that...

but I try to join you next time ;o)

MJ, trust you to remember my "extra crispy" pizza! And it wasn't COMPLETELY burned, just a bit crisp around the edges (we ate it anyway).

I used MJ's crust recipe and made two big pizzas. One is frozen for the next craving we have and the other got inhaled before I could take pics. Sorry about that. We put bacon (regular not canadian), ham, pepperoni and salami on ours and topped it with LOTS of fresh mozza. It was heavenly. There were two pieces left for breakfast and I got them. Mmmmmmmmm! Ken gagged, he doesn't like cold pizza. I say you snooze you lose!

I think this was a wonderful success. Unfortunately I was so stuffed I didn't wander back down here last night to post. Looks like we all had some fun and great meals. Glad we did this. Who wants to start the next thread? texasgirl? kadesma? Dina? MJ? Someone jump in and start a new one. Give us a week or so to prepare and we'll see you then!

I was planning on making tortilla pizzas (lower carb then the reg kind), but I had an unexpected visit from my brother and a friend in the afternoon. There is an excellent brick over pizza place out here that my brother loves so anytime he is out this way he likes to go there. Before they came over they stopped and picked up a pie so we have store bought pizza for lunch. Not quite the same as homemade. It was very good though. We got spinach and sausage on it. Very thin crust and nice and crispy.

Gee, Alix! I'll take the lead I guess. Is everyone up to making Mexican food this Saturday? I'm making tamales, mole, Spanish rice and charro beans. I can gladly post the recipes if you all are up to cooking this weekend.

Great idea!

Dina said:
Gee, Alix! I'll take the lead I guess. Is everyone up to making Mexican food this Saturday? I'm making tamales, mole, Spanish rice and charro beans. I can gladly post the recipes if you all are up to cooking this weekend.
I'm in! I love Mexican food.:chef:

Just start a new "Mexican night" thread w/recipes or something like that if you want, and I'll give it a shot.:cool:

Count me in Dina,
now I need to go have a look see as to just what the kids will say they want:LOL:

kadesma

Making a 2 pizza's tonight for the superbowl, im going to preheat the stone for awhile first. Good tip.

Pizza dough flour type "00"

I think these are 2 best packages of traditional Italian flour suitable for making pizza dough. Colavita Farina and Divella Farina "00" grade type pizza/pasta flours. Both imported from Italy and here in Au. all good continental deli shops have them, I prefer to get the blue one. On this a to z pizza making page is my favorite well working pizza dough recipe, tested many times.

Attachments

• Pizza_dough_flour_00_type.jpg
    Pizza_dough_flour_00_type.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 270
I might be getting a job making pizza at one of the cafeterias in Boston's Mass. General Hospital! I had the interview Friday.

The pay will be good and so will the benefits. I hope I'm accepted in two weeks. That's how long it takes to do a background check on my employment history on my resume and a CORI check.

~Corey123.

Thank you!

I was supposed to know something on the 9th, but when I went over there to try to see the manager, I found out that he's on friggen vacation and won't be back for another week!!

I mean, I waited patiently for two weeks for a CORI check and work history check to be done, and I STILL don't know a **** thing!!!

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom