Poll: What's Your Favorite Breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite breakfast?

• Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Toast

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Eggs Benedict

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Denver Omelette

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Huevos Rancheros with Flour Tortillas

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • French Toast with Powdered Sugar and Raspberries

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Pancakes with Butter and Maple Syrup

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Blintzes topped with a Blueberry-Cointreau Sauce

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Swedish Pancakes with Lemon Sauce and Lingonberry Jam

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Texas Steak and Eggs with Biscuits and Gravy

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Ham Steak with Hash Browns with grilled Bell Peppers and Onions

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

jkath

Hospitality Queen
:chef: You've just arrived at your favorite Breakfast Restaurant.

There are only 10 things on the menu (sorry - polls only give us 10 options). What would you love the most?

I'm going with the Blintzes. Much as I love Eggs Benedict and Huevos Rancheros, the blintzes at my favorite breakfast restaurant are heaven!

Last edited:
Coffee and Cap'n Crunch! :)

Actually, my vote went for the Ham Steak with Hash Browns and grilled peppers/onions - yum :-p

Tomorrow I might vote for the Huevos Ranchero. Everything looks so good.

I'm with The Z--everything sounded good! My normal non- restaurant/at home breakfast is cereal with fruit. But if I went out I'd be happy to eat any of those 10! I'll start with the french toast with berries.

Yummy, eggs Benedict, with the sauce on the side.
I LOVE the sauce but, if I put it in a separate bowl I don't
eat as much and save a few calories.

I have to have my coffee too. It's not breakfast with out coffee.

Not the same as just plain ol' sausage gravy biscuits.

i had a really hard time choosing between the scrambled eggs, toast and bacon and the eggs benedict, but i went w/ the eggs and toast. the bacon's gotta be crisp. and you hafta have some orange juice w/ it.:-p

I love a combination of some of the above! And I like some of the choices, minus an addition. For instance, I love French toast, but I don't care much for raspberries. I went with the omelette, but I would have to add a waffle or pancakes, and hashed browns. :cool: When I go to iHop, I usually get the cheese and mushroom omelette, hashed browns, and pancake. I don't usually finish everything (except the hashed browns), and I take what I can't finish home for Duncan (our dog).

:) Barbara

Breakfast is hard for me because I do not eat eggs (look at the choices and see how many actually include eggs to see what I mean). I almost never go out to breakfast because of this. At home I will have a bagel with whitefish salad and cheese and maybe some tomato and cucumbers or something like that.

I am a NY Area guy; give me an everything bagel fresh from the oven, a slice of Bermuda onion, a healthy dollop of cream cheese, some belly lox (that's the salty kind) and I am in seventh heaven. Of course I can't eat the onion any more (I love it, it hates me) so I will spread a little whitefish spread instead.

Of course some herring in cream sauce is always welcomed as well!

If I am going out to eat, I love nothing more than Pancakes and REAL maple syrup. I bring my own in a little bottle. I can't tolerate those chemical concoctions that pretend to be maple syrup.

Of course I can't eat any of that anymore either. But I have my memories!

Last edited:
I picked eggs benedict, but I must confess, I love crisp bacon, over med eggs and either home fries with green onion and put the eggs on top with sour dough toast and jam o the side... and hot coffee.

kadesma

I picked the French Toast. I am a big fan of sweets for breakfast, well...sweets any time of day really. Bacon is a must with the FT, but I also love to make crepes for breakfast filled with fresh fruit. We eat crepes more in the summer when the berries are in season. Hey, you guys ever heard of dutch babies for breakfast? Whoa, did that sound wierd. They are like a pancake that you bake in the oven, but the sides puff up and it turns out looking like a bowl. Fill with fresh fruit and whipped cream, yum. We ate those a lot when I was a kid but I've never made them myself.
-Brooke

corazon90 said:
I picked the French Toast. I am a big fan of sweets for breakfast, well...sweets any time of day really. Bacon is a must with the FT, but I also love to make crepes for breakfast filled with fresh fruit. We eat crepes more in the summer when the berries are in season. Hey, you guys ever heard of dutch babies for breakfast? Whoa, did that sound wierd. They are like a pancake that you bake in the oven, but the sides puff up and it turns out looking like a bowl. Fill with fresh fruit and whipped cream, yum. We ate those a lot when I was a kid but I've never made them myself.
-Brooke
I've heard of them corazon. I'd love to try them, think I'll hunt for a recipe and if I can find one will see if I can get Cade my 4-1/2 year old grandson to give em a try. He love my french toast and pancakes soooo :LOL: Thanks for the idea.
kadesma

I eat porridge for winter breakfasts, must be eaten the traditional way with only a little milk and sprinkled with salt - no fruit, honey, sugar on top.... then a slice of wholemeal toast, home made marmalade, no butter, and a large mug of Earl Grey tea.

In summer.... usually only the toast and tea.

A real old fashioned Scots fry-up for breakfast was the Sunday treat when I was a girl - only time my Dad EVER went into the kitchen and he really cooked far too much! A huge salver of the following was put in the middle of the dining room and everyone chose the components they liked to eat and then tucked in, with gusto!

Bacon
Eggs
Fried bread
grilled tomatoes
sausages - ordinary pork ones and Lorne
tattie scones
grilled mushrooms
black pudding (blech!)
white pudding

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom