Post-Turkey Day Dinner 11/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shark Steak with Teriyaki Sauce, White Rice, Peas & Carrots...

Shark Steak Teriyaki 11-26-21.jpg

The plan was to repeat yesterday,
but no ones really that hungry, so ...

IMG_1089.jpg

One of my Neighborhood Gal Pals gifted me a loaf
of her homemade bread that she made in her spankin-new
Emile Henry bread bakers...

emile henry baker.jpg
(photo credit William-Sonoma)

add some Cheese and wine and I'm fine ....
Don't know what DH & Mom are having, but I'm happy :LOL:

The guys went out for pizza from a new place in town. Brick oven (edge of crust was too charred for my liking), thin crust (soooo thin the middle flopped even when folded in half), no flavor to the sauce. It was average at best. Wouldn't go back if we were local, but it filled the belly. Leftover turkey would have been fine with me...

The guys cooked a T-bone and a Cowboy steak on the grill tonight. Freezing to death, I marinated some giant shrimp in garlic, ginger, soy and some sambal hot sauce.
Mashed potatoes, because we couldn´t think of anything more creative at 32°F.

We had store bought beef tortellini and a salad. Stirling also had ciabatta stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella. He said the stuffed ciabatta was good, but nothing special. I got it as a gift for buying $100 worth of groceries. I made a browned butter and sage sauce for the tortellini. That was my first try at making browned butter and I think I didn't leave it brown long enough. It was still good. It could have used more sage, but that was all the fresh sage I had.

The salad was young rainbow chard, sorrel, mustard greens, lettuce, carrots, daikon radish, cauliflower, corn niblets, peas, and crumbled sheep's milk feta. I dressed it with homemade vinaigrette.

You can just make out part of the stuffed ciabatta in the top left hand corner in the first picture.

Tortellini with browned butter and sage and a salad & stuffed ciabatta 2.jpg

And my plate.

Tortellini with browned butter and sage and a salad.jpg

We're driving home and spent the night in Lewisburg, WV. We got Greek pizza and a Greek salad to share from a local restaurant. It was pretty good.

Thanksgiving leftovers. But I am done with it. Should have sent more home with family.
Our dog Kilo is in luck. A 9 pound eating machine.
I cannot believe how much he can eat. He would surely eat himself to death without supervision.
Glad this came up. Now I need to defrost something for tonight. Maybe a take out pizza instead? Yep, I have decided. Pizza no cooking.

We had a big lunch, so we had pie and ice cream for dinner! It was great!

:LOL: You can't beat that!

I made one of my homemade veggie pizzas tonight. Homemade crust with marinara sauce, green and red bell peppers, onions, shredded mozzarella and a sprinkling of dried sweet basil.

Attachments

• Veggie Pizza.jpg
    Veggie Pizza.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom