Pretend it isn't Monday's Kitchen- 10/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Seared Salmon fillets and White Rice under Sweet Chili sauce, Roasted Radishes w/ Garlic Butter, a bit of Lefty Corn 7 Beans, and the Salad........

Salmon Filets, Sweet Chili Sauce.jpg

Nice pho!

Chicken and blue corn pozole, with a really spicy dried chile salsa on the side.

Attachments

• 2020-10-19 19.20.44.jpg
    2020-10-19 19.20.44.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 62
Dinner was homemade wonton soup (homemade red pork, bean sprouts, sliced mushrooms and scallions added). homemade fried rice and orange chicken (I never made this before and not sure it came out right and probably won't make it again).

wonton_soup_101920_img_7309-jpg.38926

fried_rice_orange_chicken_101920_img_7311-jpg.38927

Red Pork

red_pork_chop_101920_img_7307-jpg.38928

I made a slow cooker pot of Thai Peanut Chicken. I don't make it often; each time Himself says he thinks he won't like it. Each time I remind him we've had it before. After he tastes it, he's like Mikey - he likes it!

View attachment 43583

AH YUM!!!

I think my Mikey would like this recipe too!
HEH :idea: My spankin' new IP has slow cooker mode to it :chef:

Who was it here at DC wanted Crock Pot recipes?
CG, you should post this over there ;)

AH YUM!!!

I think my Mikey would like this recipe too!
HEH :idea: My spankin' new IP has slow cooker mode to it :chef:

Who was it here at DC wanted Crock Pot recipes?
CG, you should post this over there ;)

IP Crock Pot works different from a regular crock pot. The Low setting is "Keep Warm". Do a little research before you slow cook with the IP.

Mr. Falafel seems to have become a victim of the pandemic. :( It was our go to resto for Middle Eastern food. So, we ordered from a Lebanese place. DH ordered two falafel pitas and a Lebanese inspired poutine. He said the poutine was very tasty. I ordered a falafel platter which had falafel, hummus, tahini sauce, toum, and "white sauce". There was also tabbouleh, two pickled peppers (they were bitter, I think I was tasting a preservative, must be the same brand that Mr. Falafel used), cole slaw, tomato slices, and pickled turnip. It was good. The pickled turnips had a twist. They were picked with not just beet juice, but with horseradish. That was a surprise, but really added a nice touch.

It wasn't terribly cold but, for Jeannie it was a 2 pair of socks day so, she wanted soup and grilled cheese sandwiches..

What Jeannie wants, Jeannie gets.. :ermm:

I admit to smirking later when I had ice cream, which she said it was too cold for.. ;)

Ross

I tried a new recipe for roasted chicken - Palestinian-style, seasoned with 7-Spice Powder and sumac. Turned out really good. The recipe also called for seasoned caramelized red onions with both served over toasted flatbread. I didn't have the right kind of bread, so I served it over rice pilaf with a piece of focaccia on the side. Also made a side of green beans braised in Za'atar and chicken stock.
20201019_194658.jpg

I tried a new recipe for roasted chicken - Palestinian-style, seasoned with 7-Spice Powder and sumac. Turned out really good. The recipe also called for seasoned caramelized red onions with both served over toasted flatbread. I didn't have the right kind of bread, so I served it over rice pilaf with a piece of focaccia on the side. Also made a side of green beans braised in Za'atar and chicken stock.
View attachment 43584
I have all the ingredients in the 7-Spice Powder. I may make a small batch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom