Professionals or Home-Chefs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are You a Pro or Home-Chef?

• Pro

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Home-Chef

Votes: 47 90.4%

• Total voters

Garrity828

Assistant Cook
Well, maybe I didn't word the title correctly, but are the people here actual chefs that work in a restaurant/catering service/etc. or just cook at home for family and friends? I was just wondering, and please respond! :chef:

I am a home chef! I just cook for my family and co-workers. I work in a lawfirm so when I get home, I destress by cooking dinner. I missed my calling bigtime. I enjoy, no love, cooking.

Home chef, camp chef on fishing & camping trips, and kitchen cook/chef/dishwasher/volunteer at church. Trying to get the family to refer to me as "Chef" when I'm in the kitchen, but they all just roll their eyes when I suggest it. No respect...
img_713072_0_85aabb3015459a6945209d5cbb34437f.gif
img_713072_1_e107c3207aec0d8c9adc2572c399152f.gif

JoeV

I don't consider myself a chef. I'm a cook. I can throw together stuff and make it edible but I am not that creative to think I'm a chef. I can follow a recipe and I can modify a recipe but I can't come up with new dishes on my own.

I have worked in the food service industry in the past but only for family now. :chef:

According to my business card, I do it for a living.
He is definitely a great chef!!!

As for me, when the voice on the loud-speaker asks, "Do you want fries with that," I just say, "Yes!" LOL No, I am a home chef. I was really sick for a month, and then we were on vacation for over a month, so I kind of got away from it for awhile, but I am happily getting back into swing of things in the kitchen.

:)Barbara

I am trained and certified as a chef. However, I really don't like that term. I love to cook, whether I get paid for it or am doing it for friends and family. Food is number one a passion and I will continue creating until it no longer is one...but I don't see that happening any day soon.

Back
Top Bottom