QUICK! What goes with warm cabbage & potato salad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(Hoping I'm in the right thread - I'm in a super hurry with a 18 mos old soon to be waiting for supper! and this is my first post...)

I'm looking for ideas of a main dish that I can serve with a warm cabbage and new potato salad (made with avocados) that I have leftover. I made it to go with some Yukon Gold Potato Pork Sausage that I served 2 nights ago, but I didn't have time to think ahead. (mine does not have bacon in it - i'd post the recipe link, but i'm not allowed to yet :( )

So far, I'm thinking buttered carrots and some quick homemade skillet corn bread (per some ideas from this site, thanks!)...

but I'm at a loss for the main dish! :ohmy:

I don't have much meatwise either - ground beef, skinless chx strips or canned tuna. (Lots of grains/legumes though - chickpeas, lentils, split peas, beans, etc.)

Any ideas??? Thank you!!!

Alix had a great idea or you could make creamed tuna over toast or just a plain tuna and mayo sandwich..My guys love tuna with potato salad and the cabbage slaw sound good with it as well..Hamburger patties are nice..All ideas easy and quick.
kadesma:)

I would brown the hamburger with onion, salt and pepper and mix in the carrots after they are cooked. Loose meat - yum. Loose meat with with cabbage - YUM!

Thanks guys!

Awesome! I just had my partner pick me up some g-f dijon mustard and a new batch of local honey yesterday. So I think I'll go with the baked dijon chicken strip idea.

I found a recipe at MSL (Martha Stewart) for Creamy Mustard Chicken that I might modify a bit, but looks pretty fast.

And the cornbread is almost done!

Thanks everyone! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom