Refreshing lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Lunch today was an old recipe I remember as a kid..It was also something I avoided at all costs..:LOL: .Tomato Aspic, well today my friend was here with her bag of goodies..She called me yesterday and I got the aspic going, with a twist, we added bay shrip to the mold..Today we placed sliced cucumbers around the aspic, after un- molding and served it with a choice of three toppers,,Avocado sauce,Aioli, and spicy lime dressing..Each topping was great and went well with our creation:LOL: .Along with the aspic we had warm crossiants and butter, a glass of chilled white wine or ice tea..Dessert was just some lemon sorbet.

kadesma

Oh I wish it was warm enough here to enjoy tomato aspic! Since it is in the 30's, I served warm bowls of tomato soup with a hot spicy Mexican pizza. Best of the Midwest to beat the cold.

StirBlue said:
Oh I wish it was warm enough here to enjoy tomato aspic! Since it is in the 30's, I served warm bowls of tomato soup with a hot spicy Mexican pizza. Best of the Midwest to beat the cold.
I'm a tomato nut..Tomatoe soup is one of my favorites. It was so nice and pretty here today the aspic was such a treat...I'm tired of heavy foods, spring is here..Of course 30 degrees even eading it makes old wrap up in a coat here shudder:LOL: Although I'd have enjoyed your lunch/dinner:)

kades

Back
Top Bottom