Ruby Tuesday Dinner Aug. 23rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm going to try Marcella Hazan's basic tomato sauce recipe. Three ingredients, tomato, onion and butter.

It's been getting a lot of attention lately so I pulled out my copy of her book and did some reading. There are a number of tomato sauce recipes that I may try from time to time.

I'll complete the meal with spaghetti (gotta put that sauce on something) and a salad.

What are your plans?

With tonight's title, I figured you and SO were headed to a local Ruby Tuesday's in case it was going to be closed.

I'm going old-school and lazy tonight. Fried bologna sandwiches on marble rye bread, and "Honeymoon salad with a sunburn". The salad is actually "lettuce alone" with chopped tomato on top. :mrgreen: If Himself wants anything else in his salad, I won't get in his way.

I thought you were going to Ruby Tuesday, too :LOL:

I'm going to grill some country-style pork ribs and corn on the cob, and serve with caprese salad.

We had bratwurst, mash and saurkraut, well I had the kraut and the others had peas, but my kid did taste it and said I was weird.

Count me in for thinking that too, Andy. :LOL:

cakepoet...my adult daughters still think I'm weird for liking sauerkraut. :rolleyes::LOL:

Not sure yet about tonight's dinner. It's a toss up between a clean out the veggie bin salad, and huevos rancheros. Hmmmm......decisions....

Just sitting down to dinner right now. I'm having a smoked poke chop and a salad with homemade creamy avocado dressing. Avocados were on sale this week. I ended up buying a dozen. :yum:

img_1477206_0_f7b2947ff549a45a80fdb30a8cff0499.jpg

Me, too...about the going to Ruby Tuesday thought. Sure wish we still had one near us. Loved their salad buffet.

Been a busy and hectic day here today. Don't ask.

We're having Cajun-spiced fresh salmon, buttered baby lima beans, baked potatoes, iced tea and a variety of fudge we purchased at a "candyland" on our way home from Lexington on Saturday.

We were going to have strips of pork loin that were trimmings from when I made the porchetta, but when I pulled the figs out ,they went in the garbage and I told Craig change of plans. So, we ended up with a potato and fennel braise in cream and chicken stock on the stove, pulled out with a slotted spoon and into a baking dish, topped with rosemary, thyme, orange zest and parm, then broiled. Pork was marinaded with garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and olive oil, sauteed and is finishing up in the oven. I'll make a quickie pan sauce with some of the liquid from the potato, fennel braise and some butter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy inspired me. Spaghetti with tomato clam sauce. It's ruby, and it's Tuesday.

Lovely chop, Steve.

Last edited:
We've been down a cook for over a week now. I've had to work by myself behind the line for two days to give the other cook some time off. Probably made 200 sandwiches, 100 wraps, 60 salads, not to mention two pails of soup, 4 gallons of gravy. Cut over 40 rib eye, 20 strip loin, cleaned and cut a tenderloin, two whole pork back loins into chops, marinated and/or cooked off 15 kg of chicken breasts, 10 lbs of souvlaki skewers, pork medallion skewers, cooked 15 back ribs, argued with a meat rep, natural gas rep, and a lady who said our AAA Prime rib eye was too fatty....I have no appetite. Having Mexican tonight in the form of two Corona with lime...maybe three...

And..don't even ask me about poutine....
9k=
9k=

9k=

Last edited:
Gotta say Andy, I thought the same thing when I saw the title and then looked at the category, Today's Menu...

my-chicken-chili-002.jpg
[file photo]

It's been STORMING here at the Gateway To The Grand Canyon since yesterday. Torrential Rain, Hail, Sleet, Thunder, Lightening, Flooding and kinda cold, dawg gone it!

So I put on a big ole pot of my Chicken Chili, loaded with goodies on the stove this afternoon.
Diced b/s Chicken Thigh meat, Sweet Red Peppers, Roasted Corn, Hatch mild Chiles, Sweet Onions and
some Chipotle Pepper.
Served over steamed White Rice and topped with some grated Fiesta Cheese Blend, ONO!
A nice casserole dish full of this goodness went upstrairs in the dumb waiter for Mr&Mrs Landlord's late supper, it's their late night.
Gotta take care of my peeps! :chicken:

Nice, Kgirl!

Rock, just reading your post exhausted me. I can't see your pics though, just broken squares. It does sound like more than two Coronas are needed.

I thought you were going to Ruby Tuesday, too :LOL:

I'm going to grill some country-style pork ribs and corn on the cob, and serve with caprese salad.

I completely forgot that I had a master gardener association Christmas party-planning meeting tonight, till my phone reminded me 30 minutes before it started! It was at a restaurant where we are considering having the event, so I ate dinner there - had their antipasto salad with Italian dressing and brought home a steak pizza sandwich for DH.

The ribs, corn and caprese will have to wait till tomorrow.

We've been down a cook for over a week now. I've had to work by myself behind the line for two days to give the other cook some time off. Probably made (lots and lots of food!)

My goodness, Rock, you must be exhausted! Is your cook ill, or are you hiring? Hope you get some relief soon.

My goodness, Rock, you must be exhausted! Is your cook ill, or are you hiring? Hope you get some relief soon.
We had one of our cooks leave early to return to University. We are hiring but we haven't had a suitable applicant yet. It is still busy with summer traffic so we all have to take on a bit more. The other main cook has a new baby so I feel he should get his regular scheduled days off. He has offered to come in extra but I think I can handle it with an assistant. Our front house staff can drop back and help with prep and fill ups as needed. Right now, on Monday and Tuesdays, I basically stand behind a 12 foot line and pump the orders out from 10 to 6. I have been going in early to fill the meat case and have back up in the fridges for when we need it. On the bright side, we are saving money by not paying a full time salary...I am going to use it for a vacation when we get somebody in place:LOL:
Oh, and to keep this post on topic, I ended up having a grilled cheese sandwich...:angel:

Back
Top Bottom