Sat. Oct 15 Food plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Today is football but we'll have a treat before the game. We're going to a chocolate festival!! I'm looking forward to seeing all the different chocolate offerings. We'll eat lunch there and then supper will be at a restaurant.

So far it's just corn on the cob on the menu. Maybe I'll pick up some brats or burgers today.

SIL is arriving from Florida so I have no clue. We may go out or do something simple here.

No clue--I'm on my own today, but am trying to think of something to make that will be good tomorrow since I'm going to be gone for about 6 hours picking up the 2nd flock of hens (and I was advised to bring my rubber boots--so I anticipate chicken herding will be somewhat tricky and I'll be tired after I'm done wrangling chickens--oh, how I wish I'd brought my father's butterfly net home!). Inspiration welcome! I have a well-stocked freezer and pantry.

I went on the archelogical dig--got all the makings for steak chili. So, I'll make that today and it will be better tomorrow. Possibly make some corn tortillas and make those into chips, or serve those to wrap the chili in, kinda like a taco...this should give me chili for breakfast--I like to top chili with a FRESH poached egg and some grated sharp cheddar cheese for breakfast...

Last edited:
I have my first loaf of multigrain bread in the bread maker. I hope it turns out good. It will go with a pot of smoked ham and split pea soup.

No clue...we were supposed to go to friends for dinner but plans fell through at the last minute due to a knee injury. Maybe leftovers or just some soup and sandwiches. Depends on how SO is feeling.

Oh boy, MsM and Dawg, you're killin me here. :wacko: Split pea with hamhock is my very favorite soup!! :mrgreen: We've been having a heat wave so my pot of the nectar of the gods will have to wait a while.

I don't have the slightest idea what's for dinner yet.

Oh boy, MsM and Dawg, you're killin me here. :wacko: Split pea with hamhock is my very favorite soup!! :mrgreen: We've been having a heat wave so my pot of the nectar of the gods will have to wait a while.

I don't have the slightest idea what's for dinner yet.
I will be using a smoked ham steak for my soup. The multigrain bread is almost done and making the house smell wonderful.

I'll bet it does, MM! Wish we could share with you, Kayelle. Are you feeling better?

I'm using the end piece of a spiral cut ham with skin.

The bread is done and I will start the soup in a little while.

Multigrain Bread

img_1059224_0_1b57d38fa17dc4d7a5258d83ced62f21.jpg

img_1059224_1_1d6748ac1fd677cfea3b323447ea3a6f.jpg

got a huge pot of sauce simmering on the stove, it has sausage and meatballs in it. I'll have lots to freeze for later.

I just learned that we are having company for dinner, so I'm making stuffed shells and will use some of the sauce for that.

got a huge pot of sauce simmering on the stove, it has sausage and meatballs in it. I'll have lots to freeze for later.

I just learned that we are having company for dinner, so I'm making stuffed shells and will use some of the sauce for that.
Who told you I was coming for dinner? I wanted it to be a surprise! LOL Sounds like a wonderful dinner. YUMMY

Sounds good!

The important question is what's for dessert?

Aunt Bea said:
Pot roasted pork chops
Cabbage salad
Cauliflower
Red jello

I just searched the archives, do you have a recipe for your cabbage salad, Aunt Bea?

I just searched the archives, do you have a recipe for your cabbage salad, Aunt Bea?
:ROFLMAO:
Today it was:
1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage
1 packet of Splenda
1 glug of apple cider vinegar
1/2 t salt
a few grinds of pepper
a couple shakes of dehydrated onion
pinch of celery seed
A big spoon of Hellman's mayonnaise
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back