Saturday 04/01/2014 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cristian

Assistant Cook
Hi, Today i have made a "Tortino" (I don't know how translate this in English). it's very simple and Fast... You make the "Pasta Briseè", cook the vegetable (zucchini, onions and if you want peppers), and when the vegetable are almost cooked put then on "Pasta Briseè" previously stretched on a baking pan and covered with small pieces of Leerdammer and at the end put on 3 or 4 slices di Speck on the vegetables and to cover with batter made with two or three eggs mixed with chees (Parmigiani Reggiano),black pepper and single cream.

Recipe for Home made "Pasta Briseè":

250 gr of superfine flour
1 or 2 eggs
125 gr butter
7,5 salt
enough water

Knead vigorously until the dough will be homogeneus and smooth.

Cooking in bakery at 180 °C for 30 minute

At the next recipe !:chef:

Yesterday was my major shopping day of the month. I'm working on ideas for what to make with all my goodies, and the order in which to make them.

I started off yesterday cooking a boneless sirloin pork roast, braised in beer and it came already seasoned with herbs and garlic. When done, I just sliced it and covered the slices with the braising liquid for storage. It was a great buy, marked down by half to $1.48/#.

Today will be oyster stew, turkey stuffing and collard greens. I'll need turkey broth for both the stuffing and greens, so I'll get that started first. I got 6 huge turkey neck pieces yesterday. Each of the 3 piece packages weighed over 2 pounds!

We were unexpectedly called away for a family issue so I threw together a casserole with rice, kielbasa and soup. It's in the oven right now.

I'm trying a new recipe: Braised Chicken Legs with White Wine, Bacon, Cipolline Onions & Mushrooms. We don't care for mushrooms, so I left those out, and had no cipollines, so used a yellow onion. It smells wonderful. I'm going to serve it over egg noodles and it just occurred to me to throw in some thawed frozen peas a few minutes before it's done. That will have to count as our green veg ;)

Jr called and said they are driving into the city tomorrow, so I invited them for lunch/ dinner. Saving making today's chicken casserole til then.

Tonight I am having an everything bagel, cream cheese, hot smoked peppered salmon and a little red onion on top. And a bowl of tomato basil soup. Oyster Crackers.

I went to the store today in search of Oysters for oyster stew, don't know where Steve K finds his, not at my market I guess. I don't usually Like oysters that much, but I like the flavor. At the store, there was a frenzy, pending the up-coming week's cold snap. No Carts available. The fresh flowers were almost sold out. I guess it's nice to think of your sweetie in times like this. What's worse, there was almost a Riot in the Soft Drink Aisle. NO Coca Cola. They were on sale, but really , not that big a sale. . I would have avoided and probably wouldn't have notice except this was near where I got in line to pay and go. Get as Fast As I Could. The temp dropped only 5 degrees from when I started out until I got home again.

Ahh. Hot Soup. Slippers. Football Playoffs on the tv. I think my Kids missed me. I'm staying In.

Yesterday I made a ham that I heated in apple cider then made a glaze with ginger, brown sugar, apple cider and spiced rum. I also made smoked gouda macaroni and cheese.

We ate that as leftovers tonight.

Yesterday I made a ham that I heated in apple cider then made a glaze with ginger, brown sugar, apple cider and spiced rum. I also made smoked gouda macaroni and cheese.

We ate that as leftovers tonight.

This sounds like a terrific ham glaze and sauce. By the spoonful !

Stirling is still feeling queasy. I'm not very energetic. I just threw a chicken drumstick in the toaster oven and cooked it to 165°F. I'll probably munch something else later.

Jr called and said they are driving into the city tomorrow, so I invited them for lunch/ dinner. Saving making today's chicken casserole til then.

Tonight I am having an everything bagel, cream cheese, hot smoked peppered salmon and a little red onion on top. And a bowl of tomato basil soup. Oyster Crackers.

I went to the store today in search of Oysters for oyster stew, don't know where Steve K finds his, not at my market I guess. I don't usually Like oysters that much, but I like the flavor. At the store, there was a frenzy, pending the up-coming week's cold snap. No Carts available. The fresh flowers were almost sold out. I guess it's nice to think of your sweetie in times like this. What's worse, there was almost a Riot in the Soft Drink Aisle. NO Coca Cola. They were on sale, but really , not that big a sale. . I would have avoided and probably wouldn't have notice except this was near where I got in line to pay and go. Get as Fast As I Could. The temp dropped only 5 degrees from when I started out until I got home again.

Ahh. Hot Soup. Slippers. Football Playoffs on the tv. I think my Kids missed me. I'm staying In.

Wow. What a bummer all the way around. I hate shopping excursions like that.
All this talk of oyster stew... I'll have to pick some up and make some again. I saw live oysters at my store earlier this week, so they are still getting them in.

I picked up a pizza when I was out around 3:30, so wasn't really hungry enough to make supper later. I did have one Klondike bar left though...

we had pork Schnitzel with french fries.
still some left, they were huge - so maybe cold Schnitzel for Breakfast? ;o)

"Wow. What a bummer all the way around. I hate shopping excursions like that."

I didn't mean to imply anything negative about yesterday's shopping experience. They have free coffee right inside the door, which is a good place to warm up and wait your turn for a cart. I take the bus, so I don't care if their parking lot is full and cars are circling the overflow parking lot too. However, I agree, the smart person does not wait to go shopping on a Saturday!

in the 24 hours since, I forget what I thought I so desperately needed and can think of 3 more things I should have gotten. I'm not going out today!

I just step over the bodies beside in the soda pop aisle. I figure it's one less person waiting in line ahead of me. :ROFLMAO:

Craig, is beef rolatini the same as braciole ? and are they both the same as the German rouladen n?

Thanks.

Don't know. I use thin sliced sirloin tip roast or round roast, pound it thinner and marinade in a mixture of garlic, olive oil and red wine for a few hours. Then I lay them out individually and in the upper third place a layer of basil or spinach, layer of pepperoni, layer of my version of mushroom duxelles and strips of provolone. Roll them up like a burrito, seal with tooth picks, brown them in a saute pan and add to the Sunday gravy to cook through. I remove them to a baking dish with some of the gravy, cover each with a slice of provolone and bake at 350 F until the cheese melts. Meanwhile, I skim the gravy and serve it with the bucatini.

Back
Top Bottom